customize issues :/

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
how do I get costomize to work for 1.1.3? I've been having trouble with it because whenever I try to change the skin of something and then press ok it never works. I know youve posted a lot of threads regarding customize but I couldn't find anything to help me so can someone please help?!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I just do a work around with ericas mim and clownfish batery slider.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
install this customize vis ssh, it is straight off my phone that had customize running on 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4
give it a shot, may work, not 100% sure for you tho, but it did for me so what the hey, try it. thank me if it works ;)

Customize For 1.1.3/4
THIS ONE ^^

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
install this customize vis ssh, it is straight off my phone that had customize running on 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4
give it a shot, may work, not 100% sure for you tho, but it did for me so what the hey, try it. thank me if it works ;)
Customize For 1.1.3/4
I cant find customize vis ssh

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I cant find customize vis ssh
if you downloaded the file then;

1. SSH into your iPhone, directory root, pw: alpine , port: 22

2. you should see the directory come up and the very first folder should be applications.

3. locate the customize file you downloaded from me and drag it onto the applications folder and basically "drop" it in there, the file you downloaded from me is actually an application container, customize will install itself.

4. after dropping it into applications, open the folder and verify that there is now a customize folder within the applications one, if so move on to step 5, if not then repeat step 3.

5. disconnect from ssh and either respring your phone if you know how, or just turn it off then back on.

6. customize should be on your springboard, if so then move on to step 7, if
not then repeat steps 1-5, you made a boo boo, lol.

7. open customize, if it crashes to spring board then try to reload it, sometimes it take a few tries and a few seconds to get it up and running.

8. go to installer, download all the customize themes you want!

happy modding.

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008

2. you should see the directory come up and the very first folder should be applications.

3. locate the customize file you downloaded from me and drag it onto the applications folder and basically "drop" it in there, the file you downloaded from me is actually an application container, customize will install itself.

4. after dropping it into applications, open the folder and verify that there is now a customize folder within the applications one, if so move on to step 5, if not then repeat step 3.

5. disconnect from ssh and either respring your phone if you know how, or just turn it off then back on.

7. open customize, if it crashes to spring board then try to reload it, sometimes it take a few tries and a few seconds to get it up and running.

happy modding.
Regarding your first sentence... download what?

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
can you send me a link if your talking about downloading it from my computer or tell me what source to plug in if your talking about downloading it from iPhone because i cant find it either way

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
can you send me a link if your talking about downloading it from my computer or tell me what source to plug in if your talking about downloading it from iPhone because i cant find it either way
your going to download it to your computer via;

Customize For 1.1.3/4

click the above link, then on the right side of the page, at the bottom of the column there will be a button labeled "free", click that then enter the text from the picture in the box, click download underneath that, your file will download, and then you will be able to follow my directions...

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
oh my gosh i feel like such an idiot.... what do you mean by SSH into your iPhone? I was looking in all the sources and couldnt find it so i tried but i just don't know what you mean by that... i appreciate your effort though

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
oh my gosh i feel like such an idiot.... what do you mean by SSH into your iPhone? I was looking in all the sources and couldnt find it so i tried but i just don't know what you mean by that... i appreciate your effort though
first, your are going to have to have these things installed on your phone, if you are missing anything in the list, get them! lol

1. BSD subsystem
2.OpenSSH

OpenSSH will allow you to ssh into your phone
if you are on a mac, get Fugu, if you are on a windoze box, get WinSCP, these are the computer side clients that will tunnel into your iPhone.

once you get those let me know and ill put up the ssh guide while you download them

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
to ssh;
1. open you computer based client (Fugu, WinSCP, etc)

2.your going to connect to your iPhones IP address, this can be located in settings-wifi-the network your connected to, click the blue arrow, enter the IP Address into the connect to section of your client

3. Username: root, Port: 22, Directory: /

4. click connect and then follow the guide this guide VVVV

happy modding.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
follow the steps my friend, they should get you up and runnin'

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
to ssh;
1. open you computer based client (Fugu, WinSCP, etc)

2.your going to connect to your iPhones IP address, this can be located in settings-wifi-the network your connected to, click the blue arrow, enter the IP Address into the connect to section of your client

3. Username: root, Port: 22, Directory: /

4. click connect and then follow the guide this guide VVVV

happy modding.
im stuck on 1. after i downloaded the file. i have the win scp running and the cutomize folder but i just don't think its connected to the iPhone. i downloaded SSH as well but there is no icon for it on my iPhone so i don't know if it worked properly... this is driving me crazy

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
there isn't going to be an icon for OpenSSH.
if you got to step one, then your good, the iPhone isn't involved until step two.
your going to need your iPhones ip address.

forgot to mention, on your iPhone set the auto lock to never, plug your phone into the power source, you cant let it sleep during the process or you run the risk of disconnecting yourself.

let me know what your entering and how it goes.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
click the folder with the up pointing arrow until you see a folder labeled "applications" i believe you may be @ private/var/mobile

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Im gonna go get some sleep, its already 1am here in ny and i a early meeting with Fidelity, ill check in on you later and hopefully see a working customize for you. my phone will buzz when you post since im subscribed to this thread, so ill probably read it in bed if i hear it.