Customize Problem.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2007
I'm not sure what I did, but I can't put my iPod icon back onto the dock. I have my iPod icon under the dock grouping but it does not have the iPod picture to the left of it. So it's a blank space.

Any help would be appreciated.

TW1ZTD

Sep 11, 2007
It did that to me too. My Ipod icon won't show up on the dock. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times and nothing. Even when I hide all of my springboard icons that Ipod icon still shows up on the springboard. Anybody else have any idea how to fix this other than restoring?

Sep 15, 2007
It did that to me too. My Ipod icon won't show up on the dock. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times and nothing. Even when I hide all of my springboard icons that Ipod icon still shows up on the springboard. Anybody else have any idea how to fix this other than restoring?

what i did was, i used iBrickr and went to the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

looked for "com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer " and deleted the "-MediaPlayer" part off of it.

re-uploaded it using ibrickr and everythings back to normal

addertay

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
You can also go into the rSBT section..

Then to the settings ( at the bottom )

Press the " Firmware "

It will prompt you that it will restore springboard to the back up version

You will then be back to how it was before you altered it. Wont let you alter the layout but your button will be back.

It doesn't look like you can press and its just the firmware info..

i was pressing the restore before that and it didn't help.

TW1ZTD

Sep 11, 2007
You can also go into the rSBT section..

Then to the settings ( at the bottom )

Press the " Firmware "

It will prompt you that it will restore springboard to the back up version

You will then be back to how it was before you altered it. Wont let you alter the layout but your button will be back.

It doesn't look like you can press and its just the firmware info..

i was pressing the restore before that and it didn't help.
That got everything back to normal, thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it won't let me hide the ipod icon! i even restored it to the original springboard, but as soon as i try to hide the ipod icon, it just puts it on the springboard instead of the dock.

why did customizer have to start messing with rSBT? it was working perfectly well before...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
what i did was, i used iBrickr and went to the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

looked for "com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer " and deleted the "-MediaPlayer" part off of it.

re-uploaded it using ibrickr and everythings back to normal
Thanks! that did it. I broke my cherry manually modding iPhone files... maybe this will inspire me to do more stuff like this.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I think it may be a bug or glitch with rSBT. I experienced this same problem.

The easy and quick way to get everything back to normal is to go into rSBT and then choose settings at the bottom right.

After that hit the firmware button and it asks you to restore to normal, hit ok and everything is back :D

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I think it may be a bug or glitch with rSBT. I experienced this same problem.

The easy and quick way to get everything back to normal is to go into rSBT and then choose settings at the bottom right.

After that hit the firmware button and it asks you to restore to normal, hit ok and everything is back :D

that still won't allow you to move around the ipod icon anywhere you want. jaayrawr's solution seems to be the best way to get everything working like it should.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
that still won't allow you to move around the ipod icon anywhere you want. jaayrawr's solution seems to be the best way to get everything working like it should.
Yes, at which point did i mention that it would?

All i said is avoid this version of customize and wait for the next update which doesn't require such stupid workarounds :laugh2:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yes, at which point did i mention that it would?

All i said is avoid this version of customize and wait for the next update which doesn't require such stupid workarounds :laugh2:

At which point did i mention that you mentioned it would?

All i was saying was if you want an rsbt that functions normally, that solution is there for you.