customize/ rbst problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
well all my icons and stuff were perfectly fine until i updates customize to the newest version then i noticed that there were only 3 icons on my dock insted of 4 it took off the ipod one i checked to make sure the dock seetings were to 4 icons and it was but i cant get my ipod icon to go back on the dock its on the springboard but not the dock i can get any other app to go on the dock as a 4th but i cant get my ipod one back on. any body have any suggestions?

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
I've been having the same issue haven't really gotten a clear answer on what to do to fix it... There are a few other threads regarding this issue maybe you can figure out what needs to be done.... Or some one can clearify here ( im on FW1.0.2)

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
did it happen right when you updated to the new customizer like me?
oh okay i see your thread now damn i looked and didn't see anything on this if i saw yours before i wouldn't have made a new one

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
this is what you need to do:

what i did was, i used iBrickr and went to the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

looked for "com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer " and deleted the "-MediaPlayer" part off of it.

re-uploaded it using ibrickr and everythings back to normal
open the .plst file in notebook, and just delete "-MediaPlayer" from that part of the text. Upload it back to your ipod into the same location, and voila.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Uninstall rsbt- then install the new customize. I had the problem too...wouldn't allow the 5 icons in dock, or iPod logo would not show. But the new update fixed it. Should be working fine now, as mine is working perfectly now.

*note: this was for apptap*

i haven't updated yes but are you saying that with the update that there is no need for rsbt? and that is the fix to the problems that people are having with this?

thanks.. ill hold off on updating customize until im sure.... thanks

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I had the same problem with customize on FW 1.0.2. Now i am updated to 1.1.1 and jailbroken. I see in apptapp that the current release of customize is 1.13, is this the version that people have been having trouble with? I don't want to install it if it will freeze my phone and force me to restore to unjailbroken 1.1.1.

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
I had the same problem with customize on FW 1.0.2. Now i am updated to 1.1.1 and jailbroken. I see in apptapp that the current release of customize is 1.13, is this the version that people have been having trouble with? I don't want to install it if it will freeze my phone and force me to restore to unjailbroken 1.1.1.
Version 1.13 seems better... iPod Icon issue was fixed and it seems to arrange the icons better... but not perfect!

If things do go wrong, you can easily downgrade to 1.0.2 and upgrade again... and with the release of iNdependence, its a lot quicker/easier now!

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
I removed Customize today because I had an old version. 1.09 or something like that. Now when I go into installer I can't find it to reinstall any longer. Is it not available for install anymore?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I removed Customize today because I had an old version. 1.09 or something like that. Now when I go into installer I can't find it to reinstall any longer. Is it not available for install anymore?

it should still be there... under the "Utilities" heading.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When I launch customize on 1.1.1, it goes to the little chicken dude, hangs, and then crashes. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

HAHA, der - I rebooted, and it works.