customize update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 28, 2007
i put it on 1.1.1 and it gave me so many problems so i restored a few hours after i jailbroke my 1.1.1 cause of this app messing up the iPhone, im gonna be doing it agian later but im not putting on customize until they fix this issue

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
yeah that exact same thing happened to me. i tried 5 and for some reason my Ipod icon wouldn't show up in the dock. and then i continued to mess around with it and i put the dock number to ZERO and it proceeded to delete 3 of my applications (customize, installer, and summerboard) ne idea how i can get these icons back?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i was having serious trouble with my ipod icon as well, and then i tried this:

jaayrawr said:
what i did was, i used iBrickr and went to the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

looked for "com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer " and deleted the "-MediaPlayer" part off of it.

re-uploaded it using ibrickr and everythings back to normal
it worked marvelously. I'm not sure if it will solve your 5-icon dock problem, but i wouldn't doubt it.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i was having serious trouble with my ipod icon as well, and then i tried this:

it worked marvelously. I'm not sure if it will solve your 5-icon dock problem, but i wouldn't doubt it.
that sounds like itll work but when i go to displayorder.plist how do i open it to go to music player app? i donwloaded it and then went to open it and it goes "would you liek to search for a program to popen this file with" sumtin like that

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
hmmm

im glad mine didn't work.

i tried to install the customize update through installer app and it kept saying i needed to install rSBT which was already installed. I de installed it, then installed it again then tried the customize update and the same thing. my icons were not messed up after de installing / installing however. I guess i wont be able to update until there is a fix.

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
with the new customize update i was able to get my ipod icon back in the dock but i still cannot get 5 icons on the dock

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that sounds like itll work but when i go to displayorder.plist how do i open it to go to music player app? i donwloaded it and then went to open it and it goes "would you liek to search for a program to popen this file with" sumtin like that
open the .plst file in notebook (or some other simple word processor). delete the "-MediaPlayer" part off of that section of text. Save, and upload it back into the same place onto the iPhone. problem solved.

ddrricky

Aug 12, 2007
images

Ok so since we have ALL these options to customize now does any one have anywhere to actually get images from to use in the customize application?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Ok so since we have ALL these options to customize now does any one have anywhere to actually get images from to use in the customize application?
go to the installer, and check out the "Themes (customize)" section. You will have to install the community sources if you haven't already.

rabanjr

Oct 3, 2007
Where are the new packages thespicychicken.com said they posted on installer? The new update with new customize stuff is useless without the new image packages ...

You have to install Community Sources to see all the extra stuff. It comes up in installer.

Works like a charm.

Good luck.

Allan