Customize!

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
is any one here familiar with the application customize?...i downloaded the newest version of cusotmize off installer today and was messing around with changing the formation of my icons. and i decided to make it so i had ZERO icons on my dock. when i did this for some reason 3 of my applications (customize, installer, and summerboard) all dissappeared. and now bcuz customize isn't there i cant change the formation of my icons to get it like it was before...ne idea how i can get customize back onto my phone so i can change this stuff back.

thanks.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
is any one here familiar with the application customize?...i downloaded the newest version of cusotmize off installer today and was messing around with changing the formation of my icons. and i decided to make it so i had ZERO icons on my dock. when i did this for some reason 3 of my applications (customize, installer, and summerboard) all dissappeared. and now bcuz customize isn't there i cant change the formation of my icons to get it like it was before...ne idea how i can get customize back onto my phone so i can change this stuff back.

thanks.
If you have finder installed on your home screen you can luanch customize through that

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
no i don't have finder currently on my phone. can i download that through ibrickr or how do i get that onto my iPhone?

thanks

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
i searched for finder in ibrickr and couldnt find it? is it just called 'finder'?

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
thanks kinda got everything back to normal...hopefully the last thing i need help with, my ipod icon still isn't showing up on my dock now? i put the setting back to 4 icons on the dock, and put 'Phone, Mail, Safari, and Ipod' on the dock, but after i save only 'Phone Mail and Safari' show up....ne idea why this is?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

thanks.
Are you using customize with 1.1.1? I cant get mine to work. It crashed as soon as I start it.

djw31

Oct 13, 2007
no i am not using 1.1.1 right now but from what ive heard from other people a lot of other iPhone users are having trouble with 1.1.1! i haven't really looked into with detail on how to fix this problem or how to downgrade software but im pretty sure they found a solution to the problem. and im pretty sure other people have already started forums about this so id look around, and hopefully you can find something

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Sounds like you might need to do a Restore (staying with 1.0.2, of course). Then reinstall all your 3rd party apps. Sync first to back up your personal data. Good luck!

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
im having the same problem with the ipod icon i doubt it calls for a restore......

p.s. i never updated to 1.1.1 still running 1.0.2 don't know why this is an issue

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i was having serious trouble with my ipod icon as well, and then i tried this:

jaayrawr said:
what i did was, i used iBrickr and went to the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

looked for "com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer " and deleted the "-MediaPlayer" part off of it.

re-uploaded it using ibrickr and everythings back to normal
it worked marvelously. I'm not sure if it will solve your 5-icon dock problem, but i wouldn't doubt it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
i was having serious trouble with my ipod icon as well, and then i tried this:

it worked marvelously. I'm not sure if it will solve your 5-icon dock problem, but i wouldn't doubt it.
Ironically for those of us on 1.1.1 the opposite was true: Customize 1.1.1 changed com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer to com.apple.mobileipod. The latter doesn't work on 1.1.1 iPhones.

Customize 1.1.2 seems to have been changed to now use com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer. This will work for 1.1.1 iPhones and Touches, but not 1.0.2 and earlier iPhones.

I believe 1.1.3 is right around the corner!

--
Mike

Oct 14, 2007
I'm having the same problem with my iPod icon not showing where i want it to. Its stuck at the bottom of the extended springboard even if it says its on the dock in cutomize. I don't know what to do to fix it = /. I tried looking for that file with iBrickr but cant find it either.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm having the same problem with my iPod icon not showing where i want it to. Its stuck at the bottom of the extended springboard even if it says its on the dock in cutomize. I don't know what to do to fix it = /. I tried looking for that file with iBrickr but cant find it either.
The file is here:
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

All you have to do is edit DisplayOrder.plist (1.0.2) or M68AP.plist (1.1.1).

--
Mike