customized slider app

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I would like to customize my slider, but can 't seem to find much on cydia. Can anyone tell me where it is on there? I just got my iPhone a week ago so not really up to date on cydia.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There are a bunch available on Cydia. Search for "slider" and they'll show up. If you want one you can edit/customize yourself in Photoshop, get one of the ones that includes a .psd file. Wide Sliders has a .psd.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Take a look under the Sections area in Cydia... then scroll down to Themes (Slider) for some already-made custom sliders... you can make your own as well, but I forget the proper dimensions, and the location of the custom slider files... surely someone else can chime in and elaborate on that for you. :)

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
It's weird, under themes I do not see sliders. As far as making my own I don't have photoshop. So I guess I am stuck with the arrow.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So I guess I am stuck with the arrow.
No, you don't have to make your own. Just install one in Cydia and then apply it in Winterboard.

There isn't a "Slider" theme section in cydia like there is a "Battery" theme section, but they are still there, you just have to search for them. If you type "slider" in the search box in Cydia, you'll find a bunch.

Just to name a few;
Wide Sliders
Apple Sliders
Arsenal Sliders
AT&T Sliders
Black Sliders
Blue Sliders
Carbon Sliders

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
do you know where i need to go in open ssh to find the original theme that was on the iPhone when it is purchased? I need to go in there to modify the slider text.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
do you know where i need to go in open ssh to find the original theme that was on the iPhone when it is purchased? I need to go in there to modify the slider text.
You want to alter the original? Why not just download one with a .psd file, that would be a lot easier to modify. You can use Gimp as stated above.