cycorder transfer to computer

gixxer18

Oct 5, 2008
heres my deal. I jailbroke my 3g and got the cycorder because I was going to a concert. So I got video from the concert and I want to transfer it to my computer but ive watched youtube videos and I don't understand a word of what they are saying. SO hopefully someone here will be able to speak human to me about how to do it step by step with links and what not.. i would really appriciate it. and also after i jailbroke my iPhone it hasn't seemed to work right. i cant use my 'phone' button it will bring it up but i cant dial or do anythign and other programs will open and then close right after.. so I want to delete all that stuff but save the videos so someone please help!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You need to WinSCP/DiskAid etc into your phone and copy the video files off.

Files are here: /private/var/mobile/Media/Videos

Google how to do it. It's all over the net.

hammer

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
You need DiskAid. Then boot it up with your iPhone connected. Then click on the videos folder and it should be in there. Select the file and click "Copy to Folder" at the top of the program. Put it on your desktop and it will be saved as a .mov file. From there you should be able to upload it to YouTube, I'm trying this as we speak.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
This may be a question for Lincoln, but being able to have root access to the phone, why is this process just as easy as dragging the file, while in SSH, to a particular folder on your computer?

dfarrales

Oct 29, 2008
DiskAID is working well for me transferring the videos. The problem I have is that the audio gets these static bursts. Every couple seconds I get this loud static sound, similar to the sound you get from a TV when there's no reception (snow). The video plays fine on my iPhone (3g) but it just has that problem once I transfer to my PC.

I also tried iPhonebrowser with the same results.

any ideas?

Xtgirl

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I'm using Fugu and OpenSSHto get access to the iPhone. I transferred one video so far and it sounded really good....

dfarrales

Oct 29, 2008
well, after some trial and error (uninstalled cycorder, re-installed, moved back and forth from pc to iPhone, etc...) i found that it has something to do with my pc (vista home). i moved the vids to an SD card, played it on my wife's laptop (XP) and the vids play fine. I go back to my PC to play them... static sound. i uninstalled quicktime and re-installed on my PC... no luck, same outcome. all other vids play find on my PC using quicktime.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
DiskAID is working well for me transferring the videos. The problem I have is that the audio gets these static bursts. Every couple seconds I get this loud static sound, similar to the sound you get from a TV when there's no reception (snow). The video plays fine on my iPhone (3g) but it just has that problem once I transfer to my PC.

I also tried iPhonebrowser with the same results.

any ideas?
I used to have the same problem, but the sound burst only appeared after it was uploaded to YouTube.

Since the 2.2.1 upgrade and re-jailbreaking both my 2G and 3G, the problem has gone away so a restore and re-jailbreak might fix it.

For transfering I use Cyberduck (Mac). I paticularly like that you can save bookmarks so it connects straight to the directory you want, which means just 2 cliks to get to the videos.

You can also use PixelPipe (appstore) and PPEnabler (Cydia) to email the videos or upload direct to YouTube or FTP from the iPhone without needing a PC/Mac..

aaldance

May 27, 2009
Huntington Beach
is the proper way to do this in iPhone Browser.... right click> save as ?
because this isn't working for me! :(