Cycorder with audio!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
An update to Cycorder is now available on Cydia. The big news here is that it now features audio support!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I just played with it & the gain on the mic seems very low. Is this happening to anybody else?

IPHONEmp

Bronze
Aug 27, 2008
Columbia, South Carolina
I just Upgraded to the new cycorder and recorded a video and it wouldn't even play. not sure if its my phone or just the app. I will uninstall this app and try another install. and Report after

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Thanks ZR...I'm working on a little video for it now.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I found the audio to be relatively low as well.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
I was just messing around with it and my audio seems great. I'm very impressed with this app.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Tried uninstalling it and it still didn't work for me. hmm seems tricky
you uninstalled and then reinstalled? Hmm. I would say try it again. It's working perfectly on my end. Hope you get it figured out!

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Did a small video showing the features of the App. If you guys are skeptical of downloading it you can view a little preview here.

dgcaste

Aug 15, 2008
this really puts cycorder over the top against iPhonevideorecorder. who cares about size, it's better to have a high-res and be able to downgrade with a converter than a low res that you're stuck with.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
this really puts cycorder over the top against iPhonevideorecorder. who cares about size, it's better to have a high-res and be able to downgrade with a converter than a low res that you're stuck with.
QFT...I love this app already. I'm actually pretty stunned at how high the quality is. I also like the fact that my friends are speechless..."Video recorder on the iPhone....how the hell...."

Jul 21, 2008
this app is awesome! is it me or does the quality seem even better than the standard picture camera? this is way better than the iPhone video recorder. i do agree that the audio could be a little louder though. anyways...is there a good way to get the videos from the phone to a computer? SSH? haven't tried yet but i'm sure it works.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Audio is pretty loud on my 3g. Now if only I could upload straight to youtube like the other app. Maybe on the next update.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This looks pretty cool. I love the file sizes of IVR, but waiting for encoding to even view the file is a real pain in the butt.

What limitations, if any, are there to Cycorder? Trial period? Video length max?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
This looks pretty cool. I love the file sizes of IVR, but waiting for encoding to even view the file is a real pain in the butt.

What limitations, if any, are there to Cycorder? Trial period? Video length max?
No limitations! Free forever.. it's awesome. Oh, and it finalizes INSTANTLY. It doesn't take forever like IVR where you're waiting for that bar to fill up. It's instant on Cycorder.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Did a small video showing the features of the App. If you guys are skeptical of downloading it you can view a little preview here.

Thanks for the shout out! LOL

Nice review.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Limitations, it has ads. They're small and at the top, but still annoying. Unfortunately, even if Jay does release a premium version, I have no way of paying for it.

My audio gain is pretty low too. I recorded my MacBook playing music as loud as possible through my Bose speakers - and with the Mac, iTunes, and the speakers all the way up, that's some damn loud music - but I still had to hold the phone to my ear to heard it. :(