Cydia app-icon deleted.

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by KentWK, Jun 24, 2012.

1. KentWK

KentWK New Member

I've deleted the Cydia app-icon by accident... And i cant get it back.
    Tried jo jailbreak again, but cant, cause it is jailbroken already...
    What to dó

2. KentWK

KentWK New Member

I could not find the iPhone jailbreak page, thats why i posted it here. Hope its okay...

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You shouldn't be able to delete the icon. It should act like a stock built in one that can't be deleted.
    Could it have just be relocated into a folder somehow. Try a spotlight search and see if it shows up that way.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you cannot find it at all, the easiest thing to do would be restore and re-jailbreak. My Cydia app is un-moveable so you may have put it in a folder or elsewhere.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Can you still launch Cydia from Safari? Do you have a blank icon or has the icon actually disappeared.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Doesn't make any sense to me. How do you delete the Cydia icon? It in un-deletable! No X or anything.

I wonder if they are in Safe Mode. Some modes that you go into by accident come up with no Cydia icon or anything, meaning a tweak or an app caused mayhem.

8. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Can you make it appear again by activating SBSettings > More > Hide Icons?

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You can delete the icon...

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well, on my iPhone 4, I hold the Cydia icon and then all apps have an X except for my Cydia icon.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You may be able to 'hide' it through the settings, but as far as deleting/removing it, there is no option for that. There is no X to delete it.

#11 MoneyMaker79, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  12. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

FYI
    Installing a tweak called CyDelete will put a x on any Cydia app that has an icon on the springboard when in "wiggle" mode....except Cydia.... The Cydia icon can be removed and also "Cydia" itself by selecting Cydia Installer 1.1.6 and removing from Cydia....

13. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

FYI
    wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh

If you have SSH installed on your iPhone connect to it via terminal and run(cut & paste) the above script.... Cydia will be installed...

edit:
    I forced deleted Cydia....then used SSH Terminal in iFunbox to run the above script...worked like a charm...:)

b4353ace.jpg

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Erm. It takes more than a simple tap and hold to remove an app that installed via a jailbreak (unless using Cydelete).

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well, Cydelete only removes the apps on your iPhone, the icons. They have the X like the app store icons do. As far as removing Cydia, as far as I'm concerned, that's just a simple restore, which will remove the jailbreak entirely. You may be able to hide the icon though.

16. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

if you read the replies after mine you will find that's it's actually easy to remove Cydia. It can be done through Cydia. The icon can be deleted through SSH.

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I did read that reply, and that is very true. But we never found out how the original poster's icon got deleted by accident.

18. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Your essentially talking about two different things.....To remove "Cydia" use Cydia.....to remove the jailbreak then Restore.....If you know how Cydia is not really required to install tweaks/apps....it's just makes things really easy...

19. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

That's beside the point. You're right, we didn't find out, however it's still a fairly easy task to delete the Cydia app/icon.

20. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

True. I have no reason though to remove Cydia. It's an amazing app we get after Jailbreaking, for tweaks and more! I'm still curious if the original poster figured their problem out. I guess we may not know.