Cydia app missing/gone

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by summar, Oct 26, 2012.

1. summar

summar New Member

Hi I have an iPhone 4 5.1.1 my cydia app is gone I don't want to loose the 5.1.1 software. Ive tried spotlight search and it doesn't find it there either...can anyone tell me what my options are?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

It's happened to me twice recently on 5.0.1, both times after a respring. Cydia doesn't show up in Spotlight for me at all, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Anyway, the first time it happened I found it hiding in a folder (it usually sits on my homepage.) I thought I might have accidentally put the icons in wiggly mode and moved it there unknowingly. It happened again just a couple days ago. The first thing I did was look through every folder but I couldn't find it. This time I found it by going to SBSettings >System Wide Options>Hide Icons and found that Cydia had switched itself to OFF somehow. I switched it back ON, resprung, and it was back. I will note that the second time it happened was after a respring immediately after installing a Cydia update (Winterboard.) I don't remember if that was the case the first time, but I think it might have been. Any other time I respring Cydia stays put so I'm guessing it's a bug with installing updates.

So look through your folders and see if it's hiding in one, then try SBSettings if you have it installed. If you don't see if you can somehow install it via SSH or iFile, though we might need more expert advice if it comes to that.

3. summar

summar New Member

How can I install it via SSH or IFile? I don't have SBSettings installed or Ifile. I only recently jailbroke the device. I've looked in all the folders and don't see it...so frustrating....If I restore will I go back to the original software or 6? If I go to 6 what would my other options be? Thank you so much for responding....I'm keeping fingers crossed that I can get this figured out without loosing my jailbreakable software.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If you restore with iTunes you will automatically be updated to iOS 6 and loose your jailbreak. Also, there isn't a jailbreak for 6 that I know of. Do you know if you have your SHSH blobs saved for 5.1.1? If you do you should be able to restore fresh to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak using the latest Redsn0w.

As far as installing by SSH or iFile, you must have both of them already installed on your device through Cydia. If you do I was thinking I could email you the SBSetting app and you could install it on your device. I'm not really even sure if that's possible, just an idea I had. Hopefully someone with more expertise will offer more experienced advice.

Here is some information and links for Redsn0w and restoring your iPhone 4 back to 5.1.1 without using iTunes. Hopefully it won't come to that though. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you try a hard reset? Do you have Terminal or SSH installed on your iPhone? Reinstalling Cydia isn't too difficult if you have iFile or SSH set up and you're familiar with running commands. It is possible to reinstall it without one of them, but it's a more advanced method.

6. summar

summar New Member

I don't have either installed...I had only just jailbroke the device for my mom, installed a couple sources and maybe one or two apps before this occurred. I have tried the hard rest only to have the same results still: no cydia I'm beginning to believe the outcome isn't going to be the one I want but still hoping something will work. So whats the more advanced method. Thank you for your help.

7. Balen Seeder

Balen Seeder New Member

hello :)

i had the same problem and i fixed it :)
    look Man, i downloaded Cydia app then i installed it really it is worked for me.
    cydia app came back. :)

download (cydia_1.1.8_iPhoneos-arm) from below.
    then copy it and paste in any directory into your iPhone via (ifunbox).
    after that open iFile in your iPhone and touch the cydia app that already you downloaded and coch the installer tab, the cydia app will install, fainaly respreng or turn off or restart your iPhone.
    the cydia app will came back. good luck.

cydia_1.1.8_iPhoneos-arm

i hope this help you.

Attached Files:

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This thread is six months old and this method wouldn't have helped since they didn't have iFile installed.

9. rap

rap New Member

Hi, i have the same problem. I have iPhone 4 running 5.1.1
    My cydia app icon is missing but i think its just hidden. I have ifile. But don't know how to use it. I follow one of the instruction above and found out that its hidden. I think the reason was i actually remove the sbsettings app. Can any one help me please! Thayynk you.

10. bazimaka

bazimaka New Member

I solved mine here with this...

It is common to see Cydia is not loading with the message “Unable to Load (the internet connection appears to be offline)”.
    Solution: Check your internet connection and see if it is working properly. In some cases, Cydia is not able to load if you are connected to the internet using mobile data because the connection is too slow. Another possible reason for this issue is the time and date settings in your iDevice. You will have to make sure it is correct and it matches the server time. Although this may not be the issue but we do experienced it before.
    more here: www cydiawater com/cydia-not-opening-heres-what-you-can-do/