Cydia botched SHSH 6.1 and 6.2

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by liberated, Apr 10, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yup, Cydia just burned the JB community, not that there's a way to downgrade the iPhone 5 anyway. Oh well, life goes on. For a full explanation see Cydia.

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

That's why you don't rely wholly on Cydia alone to back up your blobs....

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

yes but in my case it's irrelevant because I have the iPhone 5 which you can't downgrade blobs or not :D

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wouldn't say they burned anyone. That makes it sound intentional.
    1. They don't work anyway.
    2. It's the user's responsibility to maintain jailbreakability. I've always backed them up locally rather than just relying on Cydia's storage system.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree partly, yes it's our responsibility but Cydia admitted to some fault. In any event, with iOS 7 on the horizon it's unlikely 6.1.3 will be jailbroken and as of right now people with iPhone 5 can't install an earlier firmware anyway, so for us it a null point.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Of course they admitted to some fault. I'm just saying it's foolish to just rely on Cydia and that they weren't trying to burn the jailbreak community. Additionally, it's not like a bunch of useless blobs were of the utmost importance. I usually kept mine on my computer which is backed up with Time Machine as well as saved in email and DropBox rather than trusting Cydia to keep them safe.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree, I saved mine too but they are useless to me at this time and likely for good. I do agree with your statement so you're preaching to the choir :) :)

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Now I'm just waiting for your 'SHSHs are dead' campaign to commence. :D

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

:D I've grown wiser since those ancient days lol, so I'm not going to doubt the survival or future usability of SHSH but..... I'm going to venture and say that we probably won't see a JB past 6.1.3 :D I'm getting ready for the next gen iPhone and iOS 7 :D