Cydia Crash After updates

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by oooicieooo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oooicieooo

oooicieooo New Member

Hi! as title suggests my cydia wont open it working fine yesterday before i installed the updates.
    The ff apps crashes also email, safari, and ifile. iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 (for jailbreak idk since my wife paid someone to jailbreak my phone as a gift.)

I know maybe someone posted it here already but i have been searching for the whole day for solutions, and sorry if i posted in wrong area. im trying to look for a solution that doesn't require restore settings, im worrid if i restore my unlock will be gone. (is that possible?)

thanks! any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Hi and welcome to the forum! For future reference please post jailbreak related matters in the jailbreak section of the site.

How did you achieve your unlock? This is very important as it will determine the best way for you to proceed.

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down both the home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo. If that doesn't help I would say that your best option would be to restore to the latest firmware (6.1) using iTunes and jailbreak (for free) using the new tool that is going to be released either today or sometime this week. But it is very important that we know more about your unlock because you can loose it!

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Moved to the iPhone jailbreak forum.

If you do have a software unlock and end up restoring, you might be able to buy a factory unlock on eBay for a few bucks. It depends on where you're located and which carrier it's locked to. If you already bought a factory unlock, it's permanent and you won't lose it when you restore.

4. oooicieooo

oooicieooo New Member

Thanks! From what i remember my wife had it fixed at a cellphone repair shop so not sure have to go there and check what kind of unlock it is.... and yes i tried hard resset several times still nothing...

5. oooicieooo

oooicieooo New Member

Hmm mines locked with AT&T and i live in the philippines. Can i fix cydia via iFunbox? or do i have to really restore factory settings?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

7. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Try reBooting iPhone then immediately PRESS and HOLD up volume button until you enter SAFE MODE....
    Now try opening Cydia....if successful try deleting all apps/tweaks that updated and are causing issues......

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. oooicieooo

oooicieooo New Member

Tried both methods via iFunbox still the same... cant do the SSH since iFile also crashes....
    (cant qoute links yet!)