Cydia help!

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Does anyone know anyway for me to uninstall or hide Cydia? It always lags when I open it and it has gotten on my last nerve. If there's a way to fix the lagging, then please let me know. Basically when I try to open up Cydia it opens but stays blank for a while, probably 20 seconds, before everything pops up.

Besides that, I've heard about being able to put a NES emulator on my iPhone. Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do that?

Thanks.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
You can hide the cydia icon with SBSettings, oddly enough...the emulator is on cydia, pretty sure we cannot discuss ROMS for it though...google ;)

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Could you provide a bit more help on how to install the emulator? I've tried google but can't find a tutorial, just a bunch of useless articles on it.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
>>> Basically when I try to open up Cydia it opens but stays blank for a while, probably 20 seconds, before everything pops up.<<<

I believe it takes a bit to open since it is trying to load about 2000 listings for apps and at least 100 themes..

Just don't open it if you don't want to wait.. Or restore ;}