Cydia keeps crashing when opened

Biggsw784

Aug 6, 2009
I just had my iPhone 3g jailbreak and downloaded a few things and now when i try to get in cydia it just goes back to the home screen. I have been on youtube and tried the "clear cydia list cashe" and that didn't work and I see people having a installer or ssh on their phones to fix it but i don't have any of that. I have even went back and re-jailbreak it 3 more times and it don't fix it? What else can I do? Please help! THANKS!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When you've restored your phone, are you setting up as a new phone OR you restoring from back-up?

If you've suffered problems, your back-up will most probably be your problem. Set up as a new phone.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I just had my iPhone 3g jailbreak and downloaded a few things and now when i try to get in cydia it just goes back to the home screen. I have been on youtube and tried the "clear cydia list cashe" and that didn't work and I see people having a installer or ssh on their phones to fix it but i don't have any of that. I have even went back and re-jailbreak it 3 more times and it don't fix it? What else can I do? Please help! THANKS!
Restore your iPhone and make sure you set it up as a New iPhone. If you don't do this, you're going to restore from a backup which will have some settings from the JB moved over. Once you're freshly set up, run redsn0w and jailbreak. Cydia should be fine.

Search the forum if you need help with running redsn0w for the 3.0.1 software...

Biggsw784

Aug 6, 2009
if i reset to a new phone, i will lose all my apps i had before i even had cydia? thanks again

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yes you will... but the apps you've downloaded through the appstore will be in iTunes on your computer, so you can easily re-sync them.

As for your cydia apps, i suggest you take not of what you have on your phone presently and download them after a fresh restore.

When you restore your phone, set up as a new phone. Then jailbreak using redsn0w. It's very easy.

You could have all your apps back on your phone previously (depending on how much content) within an hour- including your cydia apps/themes/games or whatever...