Cydia Substrate Updated for iOS 7 (32 and 64-bit)

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by iphonewarrior, Dec 31, 2013.

1. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Guys, it's finally been updated!

Cydia Substrate is now live on Cydia.

Photo 31-12-2013 10 18 02.png

PreferenceLoader has also been updated. :p

Please Note: From what I've read it's imperative that you uninstall the, Mobile Substrate Fix first before installing Cydia Substrate.

#1 iphonewarrior, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I suspected there may be issues with the non-Saurik fix which is why I didn't install it, even though he implied it was fairly safe to do so..

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Doesn't matter. A lot of tweaks have to be recompiled to run properly on the ARM64. This is only the first step.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I un-installed it without reading any of the warnings, just in case it did break anything. The temp fix worked great for me, Barrel worked even without an iOS 7 update. I'm excited to see what great tweaks we're going to see over the coming weeks/months.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I just caved and bought Barrel. Yeah, you all might think I have been crazy not to buy it in the past, but hey I don't know. Now I was looking at awesome tweak videos for iOS 7 and it continued to mention Barrel, so I bought it. It is awesome, but one thing I did find out is when you choose to hide icon / show icon, it does just that but it also sends your iPhone to safe mode.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I did that several times and it never put my phone in safe mode. I ran it for several days and didn't experience a single problem, but then got bored with it and uninstalled it. It's probably incompatible with one of your other apps if it's causing safe mode crashes.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This is the first time I've used Barrel. It works, but it sends iPhone to safe mode when I choose to hide icon or show icon. No big deal at all, but I have decided to show icon just in case I want to change the setting quicker.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I understood your post the first time. What I've been trying to say for a while now is that running as many apps as you run is going to cause problems of this sort.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Actually, I went through and removed what's not compatible and made sure none were repeats. I don't have many tweaks now. Only a few apps.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I didn't mean incompatible with iOS 7; I meant incompatible with each other. It's very tricky when you have 40+ Cydia apps/tweaks. I was just trying to help you avoid safe mode crashes etc. when I brought it up a week or two ago.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes, and I removed stuff. Unfortunately, I don't know what's incompatible with each other. But right now I have no issues which is great. I'm assuming the safe mode when I choose for Barrel icon to not show or to show is an issue with Barrel. Can you try?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I tried it numerous times last week when I had Barrel and I didn't have a single safe mode crash. The icon wouldn't hide, but trying to get it to do so didn't cause a safe mode crash.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You chose in the app icon to not show the icon and it didn't crash to safe mode? Alright. Well I'm not sure what could be causing it. No big deal. I don't want to continue this here lol. :)

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

@MoneyMaker79 Late to come in here (mad crazy week). What's Crash Reporter saying after the Safe Mode crash? I know you may not think it's relevant, but sometimes it can give you a good indication on what may be causing the issue. Do you have any Activator actions controlled by gestures on the Springboard? Do you have any folder tweaks etc? I know you said in a previous post that you don't have many - which ones are they?

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The only activator action I have is to start "recordmyscreen." I don't have any folder or folder tweaks or icon tweaks besides five icon dock. Crash Reporter usually gives an instant report of what is causing a safe mode crash, but it does not.

16. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

How do you invoke recordmyscreen?

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Three quick home button taps.

18. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

That shouldn't really affect Barrel. What other Springboard apps do you have which could possibly influence Barrel?

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The only thing that causes Barrel to go to safe mode is when I choose for the icon to show or not to show. It's no big deal.

This is my Cydia Springboard page if that's what you mean. I just removed YouMP3 as it doesn't work anymore.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1389384086.303437.jpg

#19 MoneyMaker79, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014