D5 All Things Digital Conference

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Steve Jobs & Bill Gates will be appearing at the D5 All Things Digital conference tomorrow (5/30). Do you think Steve will let any iPhone info out of the bag during the conference?

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
I saw that. I think it would be a good time to let us know a release date... I think some people still need to do some final preperations.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Expect a typical rehash... nothing new. "iPhone will be revolutionary, Safari/OS X on a mobile device, blah blah bah."

I highly doubt Jobs will let the actual release date slip unless he feels it's absolutely necessary. D5 isn't important enough for Apple.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm interested to see what Jeff Hawkins is revealing. TreoCentral did a good write up on the mysterious third category for Palm.

Not a bad collection of executives attending this event. Jobs, Gates, Hawkins...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Is this going to be aired on TV?
No, but the tech blogs will be filled with coverage tomorrow. You've got Steve with his iPhone, Gates showing something (rumored to be new touch screen technology for mobile phones) and the whole Palm 3rd category of mobile devices. Should be a fun day.:cool:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I know Bill Gates will quieten the crowd when he's speaking about all those MS ventures, but when Jobs starts talking about the iPHone, the place is going to light up like a christmas tree with flashes.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I doubt Apple will release a full-screen iPod within a month of releasing the iPhone to keep the hype up on the iPhone.

It would be great to hear Gates talk about all of the awesome innovations in Vista in front of Jobs.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
man i would love to see the glares(if any) from ballmer when steve starts talkin iPhone.
If would be reminiscent of Melinda Doolittle as Jordin Sparks sang during the American Idol finale. Those reality buffs who caught the finale will now what I mean.

-Chris

Last edited:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
If would be reminiscent of Melinda Doolittle as Jordin Sparks sang during the American Idol finale. Those reality buffs who caught the finale will now what I mean.:p
ROFL That was hilarious. I hadn't seen that one. :laugh2: I think Ballmer would look a little different, perspiring with smoke coming out of his ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
If would be reminiscent of Melinda Doolittle as Jordin Sparks sang during the American Idol finale. Those reality buffs who caught the finale will now what I mean.:p

-Chris
WOW! Those Idol fans have some gutter mouths! I couldn't believe all the trash they were talking about an overgrown karaoke contest.

they're also some pretty good farkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2007
United States
Expect a typical rehash... nothing new. "iPhone will be revolutionary, Safari/OS X on a mobile device, blah blah bah."

I highly doubt Jobs will let the actual release date slip unless he feels it's absolutely necessary. D5 isn't important enough for Apple.
I totally agree with you. I can't see them unveiling a lot of new info at D5. WWDC is bigger and I think they will definitely release most of the new info at that conference.

And yeah, any links to videos of D5 would be great, as soon as you can find them tomorrow :laugh2: