Damn Lizard!

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
anyone get that add on the top of the forum for some type of internet service and that damn lizard runs out and follows your screen? I hate that damn thing and we need to get rid of it.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
anyone get that add on the top of the forum for some type of internet service and that damn lizard runs out and follows your screen? I hate that damn thing and we need to get rid of it.
I kind of want to see it to see what you are talking about. Is it from the banner ad?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
what about all the adds and dumb links that are on most websites. also what about the bottom of youtube videos and things of that nature.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Why did i think the title of this thread had something to do with erectile dysfunction? idk....any way i have a lizard too on my screen and sometimes i wanna choke it....um wait i need to rephrase that.....

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
ROFL, wth? i have to see this thing... but i usually don't mind ads, unless they are obtrusive, like you say this one is. the ones that really piss me off though are those ones that have underlined text and whenever you put your mouse over it, an ad pops up. i think its called vibrant media? those are the most annoying because they cover up what youre trying to read and you have to try real hard not to mouse over the text...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've mentioned it before to Chris, but there's not much that can be done as those ads are rotated and fed from another server out of EIC's control. I'm not a huge fan either, but I just use Adblock and it works well.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
ROFL, wth? i have to see this thing... but i usually don't mind ads, unless they are obtrusive, like you say this one is. the ones that really piss me off though are those ones that have underlined text and whenever you put your mouse over it, an ad pops up. i think its called vibrant media? those are the most annoying because they cover up what youre trying to read and you have to try real hard not to mouse over the text...
I hate those text ones soo much.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Man, first time I saw it was like, WTF? Then it took too long to go away. I actually cussed at it, like a dummy.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Man, first time I saw it was like, WTF? Then it took too long to go away. I actually cussed at it, like a dummy.

yes the first time I had it happen I was like wow where in the Hell did a lizard come from. Damn unibody macbook made it look real. I have downloaded adblock and now its gone!

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
ok, i have yet to see this "lizard" so if anyone can take a screen shot or something id really appreciate it... :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
First time it showed up for me I was certain I had gotten a virus for about 30 seconds. Even opened up task manager to sniff out suspicious exe's. Then I noticed the lizard-themed ad at the top.

There's another popup that I've seen, but I've since adblocked both of them so no screenshots here.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
First time it showed up for me I was certain I had gotten a virus for about 30 seconds. Even opened up task manager to sniff out suspicious exe's. Then I noticed the lizard-themed ad at the top.

There's another popup that I've seen, but I've since adblocked both of them so no screenshots here.
^ The difference between a mac user and a windows user.
I was on my mac when I saw the lizard and scrolled up to look at the ad at the top. lol
The lizard then returned to his home in the ad.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am on a mac and have never seen it. There are built in blockers in the mac system. No need for third party software to block.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
What ad blocker add on or whatever can a mac user use for safari?
Safari has an option to block pop ups, but this dosent always work. Especially when one goes to sites where some annoying window pops up behind the page your on, and plays sound.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What ad blocker add on or whatever can a mac user use for safari?
Safari has an option to block pop ups, but this dosent always work. Especially when one goes to sites where some annoying window pops up behind the page your on, and plays sound.
I have never had that problem with Safari, but maybe I just haven't been to the "right" sites. I guess it is possible I have had some pop up behind the page, but if so there was no sound and I just didn't know it.