Darn Apple Logo boot loop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vice86

Bronze
Oct 16, 2009
Poconos, NJ, NYC
Installed iOS 5 on my 3GS (new bootrom) last night...jailbroke with Redsnow this morning with no problems. Installed the latest beta for BiteSMS that's supposed to run fine on iOS 5. Hit the reboot button and now I'm stuck at the Apple logo and can't use the "just boot" opion in Redsnow.

Anyone know how the funk to get out of it so I can reboot with Redsnow?

vice86

Bronze
Oct 16, 2009
Poconos, NJ, NYC
whew...thanks, broseph! I thought I was gonna have to restore again or something.

So is it always gonna be a problem to reboot if you install an app from cydia? I mean there's no way out of cydia unless you hit REBOOT DEVICE....so i'll end up getting stuck in boot loop mode again and just have to do what you just suggested?

Do you have to use Redsnow if an app calls for just a respring? I forget.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You've not technically entered a boot loop. Because the latest jailbreak is tethered you're required to boot the phone (everytime) into a jailbroken state.

You only have to reboot the phone after installing something from Cydia every now and then. Some packages install without the need for a respring or a reboot whereas others do.

If you need to reboot the phone with the tethered jaibreak you will need a computer with Redsn0w installed to boot your phone. This is why a lot of people stay clear of tethered jailbreaks - I rely on my phone far too much to not have it operating as it should. However, as soon as the iOS 5 un-tethered jailbreak is released I'll be jumping on it straight away :)