Data Modems

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
This maybe has been covered, but ... if you look on the back of your 7, you will find a serial number. If it reads A 1660, then, congratulations, your data comes to you courtesy a Qualcomm modem, which has outperformed the Intel version by 30% in a poor-reception test.

Perhaps this should go in the useless information section ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
This maybe has been covered, but ... if you look on the back of your 7, you will find a serial number. If it reads A 1660, then, congratulations, your data comes to you courtesy a Qualcomm modem, which has outperformed the Intel version by 30% in a poor-reception test.

Perhaps this should go in the useless information section ...
Not according to Apple - for the location of the serial number on the 7. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204073

Can also click your way to:
Settings/general/about/legal/regulatory and it will show the model number.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
Not according to Apple - for the location of the serial number on the 7. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204073

Can also click your way to:
Settings/general/about/legal/regulatory and it will show the model number.
Cognitive Dissonance!

iPhone 7

Year introduced: 2016
Capacity: 32, 128, 256 GB
Colors: Black, jet black, gold, rose gold, silver
Model number on the back cover: A1660, A1778, A1779 (Japan*)

From the  iPhone section on their website. Or, you can simply turn your phone over and look at the small print beneath the logo.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Cognitive Dissonance!

iPhone 7

Year introduced: 2016
Capacity: 32, 128, 256 GB
Colors: Black, jet black, gold, rose gold, silver
Model number on the back cover: A1660, A1778, A1779 (Japan*)

From the  iPhone section on their website. Or, you can simply turn your phone over and look at the small print beneath the logo.

But if you have a case, cover, etc.. that doesn't have a clear back.. it's nice to have a few ways to check without having to remove the case. ;-)

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
All AT&T models have the crappy and slower Intel modem. Aren't I lucky? :mad:
I must be. We're on an AT&T family plan. But my 7 came as a replacement from the Apple Store and I switched the SIM myself.

Sidenote: will AT&T eventually catch up that I'm not using the 6 Plus I bought from them? I've had 4 iPhones since Sep 2014 and they only know about two of them, I suspect.