Data Plan Must!

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
There's some sort of patent litigation right now dealing with the whole 3G chipsets or something like that. I read about it on engadget earlier today.

Maybe steve-o knew about all of this litigation before it went public and knew he had to stick with EDGE....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Granted, 3G will be the technology of the future and the time will come when it is widely available, so it would have been nice for a $600 investment if we could have used the up and coming technology.

jphawkins

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
Cartersville, GA
Granted, 3G will be the technology of the future and the time will come when it is widely available, so it would have been nice for a $600 investment if we could have used the up and coming technology.
But most likely in areas like Columbus, GA, 3G is probably currently not in range. ;)

I haven't tested a 3G phone, but I could almost guarantee it wouldn't work in Cartersville, GA. EDGE seems to have been the safest bet.

At least AT&T is doing SOMETHING to make us a little happier about using it though.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
But most likely in areas like Columbus, GA, 3G is probably currently not in range. ;)

I haven't tested a 3G phone, but I could almost guarantee it wouldn't work in Cartersville, GA. EDGE seems to have been the safest bet.

At least AT&T is doing SOMETHING to make us a little happier about using it though.
Well, there's no doubt that the old BellSouth Mobility network around Atlanta that became Cingular is much better coverage than in Columbus, but we do have quality coverage here in the metropolitan areas.