data plan!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjsteve2

Jun 12, 2007
who thinks that if we have to pay $40 for a data plan, it will be unlimited data and unlimited text like the MEdia(TM) Max Unlimited Bundle they are offerring now at AT&T/cingular? if it will be both data and text then $40 dollars would be fine. everyone is complaining about the data price and not mentioning that we are going to have to pay for a text message package also. so what does everyone think?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
No clue about that

I can give you a clue that if you use the search function and search "data plan" you would find about 400 topics about it

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
who thinks that if we have to pay $40 for a data plan, it will be unlimited data and unlimited text like the MEdia(TM) Max Unlimited Bundle they are offerring now at AT&T/cingular? if it will be both data and text then $40 dollars would be fine. everyone is complaining about the data price and not mentioning that we are going to have to pay for a text message package also. so what does everyone think?
well, i think that the price is more than fair because with the EDGE intranet and advanced calling and text features. And i will be happy to pay the price!:laugh2:

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
well, i think that the price is more than fair because with the EDGE intranet and advanced calling and text features. And i will be happy to pay the price!:laugh2:
Except you wont be paying that price. Same as me. Our parents will pay. Thats why you and I don't care.:p

mjsteve2

Jun 12, 2007
so the data plan will come with text also? im coming from verizon and our data plans and text plans are separate. so i have no clue. if the text comes with the data, then that would be really worth the money!

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Are you kidding me?
Come on! Its got Cover Flow! jk. Your right, edge sucks.I would not be happy buying that plan, but I am not. I am buying the phone. Also wifi allows me to sleep at night. Plus we have no choice. A man at AT&T told me it would be $29, but no text messages.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Come on! Its got Cover Flow! jk. Your right, edge sucks.I would not be happy buying that plan, but I am not. I am buying the phone. Also wifi allows me to sleep at night. Plus we have no choice. A man at AT&T told me it would be $29, but no text messages.
EDGE would have been cool about 4 years ago on this device. Att has to give us a good price on the data plan because 3g is almost the standard now and everybody expects it in a device. But since its not a good consolation prize would be a cheap data plan. But thats probably not gonna happen.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Yeah, the current plans (look to have been modified in the last day or 2, or at least they redid the page) for PDA phones, are 29.99 for 20MB/no message, 39.99 for unlimited data/1500 messages, and 44.99 for unlimited data/Unlimited M2M messaging/1500 messages

May 6, 2007
United States
No clue about that

I can give you a clue that if you use the search function and search "data plan" you would find about 400 topics about it

It's actually 108 topics ;)

And I know I have asked this before and know the answer, but I seem to have forgotten if the iPhone will automatically sync to any WiFi networks if they are available, and back to EDGE if no WiFi spots are available. Can anybody help me out here, please?

P.S. I read somewhere that EDGE will be twice as fast on the iPhone, as they are really working on it. Don't hold me to it, but I will try to find the source.

mjsteve2

Jun 12, 2007
which dosent apply to the iPhone because it dose not do M2M

m2m is just mobile to mobile messaging. meaning sending a text to another cingular/AT&T customer. and yes the iPhone does have this feature, such as all phones can send text to anyone they choose. you must mean the iPhone doesn't do mms messaging.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
m2m is just mobile to mobile messaging. meaning sending a text to another cingular/AT&T customer. and yes the iPhone does have this feature, such as all phones can send text to anyone they choose. you must mean the iPhone doesn't do mms messaging.
Yeah, thats what I meant. I get those acronyms confused sometimes

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
It's actually 108 topics ;)

And I know I have asked this before and know the answer, but I seem to have forgotten if the iPhone will automatically sync to any WiFi networks if they are available, and back to EDGE if no WiFi spots are available. Can anybody help me out here, please?

P.S. I read somewhere that EDGE will be twice as fast on the iPhone, as they are really working on it. Don't hold me to it, but I will try to find the source.
Here's a link.

Steve mentioned in the Macworld keynote that it would switch to Wifi automatically.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
which dosent apply to the iPhone because it dose not do M2M
WHAT? Where did you read this?

iF this is true, then it's quite obvious AT&T is trying to gouge us in any way possible.

Seriously, i think this may do it for me.

Edit: just saw your gaffe. yeah, that didn't make any sense to me.

...back to you in the studio...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
WHAT? Where did you read this?

iF this is true, then it's quite obvious AT&T is trying to gouge us in any way possible.

Seriously, i think this may do it for me.

Edit: just saw your gaffe. yeah, that didn't make any sense to me.

...back to you in the studio...
He was mistaken. I think he was talking about the iPhone not have MMS capabilities. He got M2M and MMS mixed up. M2M is a carrier feature that means making calls or messaging phones on the same carrier's network. MMS is Multi-Media Messaging which won't be needed because of the email capabilites of the iPhone.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
L O L

ebrunn said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmlaa
well, i think that the price is more than fair because with the EDGE intranet

Are you kidding me?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That girl is so silly......I like the fact that at least her young pal can admit that this stuff shouldn't and doesn't matter to them, since mommy and daddy will be paying for it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That girl is so silly......I like the fact that at least her young pal can admit that this stuff shouldn't and doesn't matter to them, since mommy and daddy will be paying for it. :D
Hahaha. ha.Thats funny. whew.... Wait... was that about me?! jk:p