Data plans and multiple phones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I know we can't speak to the details of the iPhone data plan yet, but does anyone know how data plans normally work with multiple phones? IE do you need one dataplan per phone, or is it per account, or family plan? So if I had two smartphones, would I have one data plan, or two? I assume it is one plan for each phone, but just wanted to be sure. I tried to call AT&T but apparently they are too busy fielding calls from people asking them about the iPhone.

(the last line was a joke)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I know we can't speak to the details of the iPhone data plan yet, but does anyone know how data plans normally work with multiple phones? IE do you need one dataplan per phone, or is it per account, or family plan? So if I had two smartphones, would I have one data plan, or two? I assume it is one plan for each phone, but just wanted to be sure. I tried to call AT&T but apparently they are too busy fielding calls from people asking them about the iPhone.

(the last line was a joke)
It is one data plan per phone. You can have a data plan on one number in a familytalk plan and just voice plans on the other two. If you want two phones to have a data plan then you'll pay twice as much.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
It is one data plan per phone. You can have a data plan on one number in a familytalk plan and just voice plans on the other two. If you want two phones to have a data plan then you'll pay twice as much.
That is what I thought. I have 4 phones on a family plan right now, and if data plan was shared, I might have gotten two. Still might do it, not sure.

Thanks for the information.