data recovery on ipad storage device?

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by marina, Jul 4, 2016.

1. marina

marina New Member

I have an ipad 2 which is dead (bought an ipad 3 as replacement). Is there a way to recover the data from it?Yes, I know that the icloud backup contains some of this - but I hadn't backed up my game data in a while so I know that the last backup is not current. And yes, there are some games that even if you DO have connected to the game center won't recover your progress upon a restore unless you specifically backed up your game data. I know the hard drive is really a flash memory device on the logic board, does anything exist allowing to connect that to my desktop and pulling the data from it? Or does something else work? Or am I completely SOL? Thanks.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Define 'dead'. Dead as in broken dead, won't power up at all kind of dead, etc.. ??

3. Andyacb

Andyacb New Member

Another way to recover data from the dead iPad is, connect your iPad to PC and see if it can be detected inside your PC.Then try to extract all the data from the hard disk directly. It is hard to say whether the dead iPad can be identified. Hope you would be the lucky one.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Original,post is over 1 year old and.... 'extract all the data from the hard disk' ???? An iPad has a hard disk drive? LOL