Data usage calculator

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imamac, Jun 16, 2010.

1. imamac

imamac Member

2. TxFireman1972

TxFireman1972 Member

Looks like streaming music eats it up quick. I may need to hang on to my unlimited.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. RRlocoENGR

RRlocoENGR Member

Thanks that is useful! I had the unlimited data plan with my 3GS which was stolen a few weeks ago. I changed over to a GO phone until the iPhone 4 comes out and they changed my rate plan accordingly...now AT&T says I cannot be grandfathered in because I dropped the iPhone unlimited data plan!

I have a case started and they say they will "consider" allowing me to go back to unlimited data when I get my new iPhone. I hope they do or I am not going to be a happy camper! The guy in the AT&T store told me using the GO phone until I got my new iPhone would not effect my new iPhone rate plan at all. He didn't know they were going to change data plans!

I will be fighting this battle hard since I really do want to keep my unlimited data that I had with the 3GS. Heck, I would have gladly kept paying for the other rate plan but he suggested I do it this way!

It would seem using this usage tool, I need unlimited since I plan to use Pandora more when I get the new phone.

Thanks again!
  5. topspin

topspin New Member

zero chance of me upgrading I stream a couple hours a day, keeping 3gs unlimited
  6. Lon

Lon Evangelist

Question. I just tried to Copy & Paste within this App and couldn't. Is that an App issue or an Apple issue?
  7. Perplex

Perplex Member

im a youtuber on my iphone at work. so gonna keep my grandfather plan
  8. imamac

imamac Member

What app are you referring to? This data calculator is just a web page.
  9. lukasp13

lukasp13 Member

How did you file a case with them? I am going to have an issue because I am on the 2G plan and will have to upgrade to the 3g plan when I get the iPhone 4.
  10. Lon

Lon Evangelist

Within the iCafe App.
  11. imamac

imamac Member

You should pose that question/concern to @chris
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  12. lewis26

lewis26 New Member

Because you're on the edge unlimited plan, you can be grandfathered into the 3g true unlimited plan also. My girlfriend just did so when pre-ordering her iPhone 4.
  13. lukasp13

lukasp13 Member

That is great to hear, I was told last week that since I had to upgrade plans that I wouldn't be eligible. I hopefully they don't give me a hard time on iDay.