Date predictions of 2.0

benso87

Bronze
Feb 24, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Should not have to, this thread subject states it for me.

Date predictions of 2.0

And yes it is the correct date. I had a dream. I looked at the clock. It was 7:27 am. hence, July 27

So you're predicting that the 2.0 firmware is going to be released over 2 weeks after the new phone is released, even though the new phone runs that firmware? Hmm.

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Talked to Apple iPhone support today and was told an updated release date for the phone will be 7/7/2008. That's all I know, i didn't record or it or ask for their name. They said they received the message while we were talking

kycophpd

Bronze
Talked to Apple iPhone support today and was told an updated release date for the phone will be 7/7/2008. That's all I know, i didn't record or it or ask for their name. They said they received the message while we were talking
That's some funny stuff right there! lol

My prediction is the 11th also. I am thinking Apple and AT&T are expecting a lot of the early iPhoners to stand in line along with new people on the 11th. If they release the 2.0 update prior to release day, some people may say, "hey this stuff works great on my original iPhone, why pay the extra for just 3G and GPS" - this will be especially true for those who are not close to a 3G spot. Just my two cents......

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.

My prediction is the 11th also. I am thinking Apple and AT&T are expecting a lot of the early iPhoners to stand in line along with new people on the 11th. If they release the 2.0 update prior to release day, some people may say, "hey this stuff works great on my original iPhone, why pay the extra for just 3G and GPS" - this will be especially true for those who are not close to a 3G spot. Just my two cents......
There's a 3G spot right by my house. ;)

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com

Well if they are stupid enough not to realize now...

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
what's so good about the update? Am I missing something.

Personally I don't think I'm going to update until they jailbreak it.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
what's so good about the update? Am I missing something.

Personally I don't think I'm going to update until they jailbreak it.
Yes, you are missing everything. This update will complete the iPhone. Video Camera will be able to be installed, camera zoom, 3d games and lots LOTS more (except mms :mad:)

I don't think that was said mciPhone, no, but i hope so :D

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Yes, you are missing everything. This update will complete the iPhone. Video Camera will be able to be installed, camera zoom, 3d games and lots LOTS more (except mms :mad:)

you pretty much just summed up jailbreaking, except the update version will cost money.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Here's my plan; even if the 2.0 software does come out on the 27th (or any date before July 11th), I'm not updating my current iPhone. That way, when I get iPhone 3G, I'll get everything that's new at once.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca

iPhone will never be complete until we don't have to pay to video record, MMS, [or fix the codec issue that does not allow me to view video that is emailed to me via regular phone, basicaly .3gp/pg whatever it is] and landscape sms... [im sure there are more]

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Here's my plan; even if the 2.0 software does come out on the 27th (or any date before July 11th), I'm not updating my current iPhone. That way, when I get iPhone 3G, I'll get everything that's new at once.

- John
Oh. You are so patient. I will update my iPhone the same day the update comes out. I will also buy apps the same day. :laugh2:

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
i say july 11th...it just makes sense to me...the end of June is not "early july" they definitely are NOT going to release it before the 4th nor that weekend too many people away at that time the 8th is too close to iDay2.0 and the 11th is iDay2.0... THIS IS MY PREDICTION