Day 1 and already having a serious issue with Safari

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TomDII

Dec 26, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Can anyone help?
My internet screen is greyed out on any web sites I go to, such as google, or anything. The address bar, the back, and forward arrows are the only functioning controls. I tried to close out the Safari, but apparently there is no way to do it, so it keeps coming back in the same state.
This seems to have started when I tried to download the abc.Com app for viewing shows, and it wanted me to log in with ipad account info, which hasn't been set up yet. I backed out of the process, I think, but since then I had this problem.
Any help would be appreciated...
Tom

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
For future reference, to completely close out an app, double tap the home button, the bottom of the screen will pop up with the multi-tasking bar. Press your finger on an app and hold it, until they start to jiggle and you see red circles with white lines in them on the top left corner of the icon. Tap that circle to close out the apps.

TomDII

Dec 26, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks, verwon. I appreciate the info. I guess there is a lot to learn about Apple operating stuff. Now I've learned two things, today. I guess I'll just read the book that didn't come with the ipad:( .
Tom

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
More info for future reference: if force quitting the app doesn't help, try a reboot. If a reboot doesn't help, do a hard reset. A hard reset is done by pressing the home button and the lock button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off and let go when you see the Apple logo. If the phone is ever unresponsive, do a hard reset.

Rebooting daily will help to keep your phone running optimally.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
In safari, the user guide is bookmarked ready. Should be one of the last bookmarks in there. Just a little more info for you :)
Your in the right place to find all kinds of helpful people too!