DC - iPhone 3G Availability

Jul 18, 2008
This is for everybody in the DC metro area including MD and VA. Are there any iPhone 3Gs available around here? Do I have to wake up at 4am and wait in line to get one?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
This is for everybody in the DC metro area including MD and VA. Are there any iPhone 3Gs available around here? Do I have to wake up at 4am and wait in line to get one?
Tough question. Your best bet is to either check the Apple availability website, or start canvassing AT&T/Apple stores. If you don't want to wait for direct fulfillment orders, you may want to consider opening up your radius - include WVa, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.

jaeguyoon

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
I hear it's pretty rough around here. like Tyson's has a line everyday.

I was lucky, I went to the beach on the 11th, and on the 13th before I left I Went to Apple store in norfolk va and it literally took me 30 mins to get it with like 5 ppl in line.

cbnash

Jun 22, 2007
How to get a phone in under two hours.

I live next to the Tyson's Corner Center in Northern VA. I've seen the lines, some people are waiting in line for over eight hours to get a phone!

I purchased a 3G (White 16 GB) in under two hours yesterday from the Apple Store. Here's my advice if you want a phone and do not want to stand in line all day to get it:

1. The day before you go, check Apple's website for availability at the Mall.
2. Be in line by 7:15 am, Apple opened at 9:00 am all this week.
3. An employee will usually come out around 7:30 am and let everyone know how many phones (and what color) they have left. They usually get a new order in every day before noon. If they only have a limited amount for sale that day, they will tell you to come back at noon. Do not do this, you will encounter a line a block long!
4. repeat this process the next day. I got my phone the second day. The problem is that Apple's website only tells you if the phone is going to be sold the next day (including color, 8 or 16 GB etc.), they do not tell you the quantity on hand.

Hope this helps

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
out of the 21 states that are sold out of the 3G, MD is one of them. sucks to be me

Jul 18, 2008
OK, so the Apple stores get a new shipments of iPhones each day around noon. Won't these shipments sell out by the time the store closes each night? Therefore waiting in line the next morning gets you nothing.

cbnash

Jun 22, 2007
Not really. You have a pretty good chance of getting an 8 GB or 16 GB White
phone. From what Apple employees tell me, most people want the 16 GB Black (this sells out first).

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Not really. You have a pretty good chance of getting an 8 GB or 16 GB White
phone. From what Apple employees tell me, most people want the 16 GB Black (this sells out first).
I was second person to walk into an AT&T store the first day it came out and I couldn't even get a black 16GB lol..