De-Activating iPhone

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
I am going to sell my iPhone on eBay this week. What do I need to do to get rid of all of my information and phone number. I will do a restore but it still loads my info. If i simply took the sim card out would the new owner of the phone be able to get a sim card and activate it themselves?

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I am going to sell my iPhone on eBay this week. What do I need to do to get rid of all of my information and phone number. I will do a restore but it still loads my info. If i simply took the sim card out would the new owner of the phone be able to get a sim card and activate it themselves?
There is a Master Reset option on the iPhone itself. You can also do a restore of the iPhone from iTunes, just do not reactivate the iPhone after the restore.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I would call an Apple store and an att store and find out.

Even you don't and it sells its not your problem they can't get a sim card.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I'm almost sure you can get a replacement sim card

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I'm doing the same thing I think due to the nature of At&t's very high bills. We had SunCom before this and for 2 phones on Unlimited minutes anywhere anytime for $100 a month. Just went back with them and they dropped my early cancelation fee $200 and 15% off one plan a month and 20% off the other plan each month! Incredible! Total a month only $70

I am writing this on my iPhone that I love and would keep If I could only Unlock my iPhone.

MY iPhone - get it $600 bucks and nothing more than net at my house and ipod I don't use. I love this device but I need my phone function to make it worth while.:sick: