Dead pixel on 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Vonwachtstain, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Got iPhone 4S on Saturday. I already had it replaced on Tuesday because of faulty speaker (echo issue). Now when I was turning it for the first time (home) I noticed dead pixel on the very top and to the right. Its only visible on black background. Its very visible when restarting. Now I don't really want to replace it because I really have to stare at that spot for long time to "find" it. It doesn't affect functionality of the phone. My question is should I have it replaced? Or I can leave it the way it is? I never had any phone or other device with dead pixels. So is it mark of a faulty LCD?

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I would replace it. With that type of defect you never know if it can get worse.

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Replace it.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Had a 3GS replaced because of dead megapixels, they'll replace it no questions asked.

5. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

I guess I will waste more time at the Apple store

Attached Files:

6. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

There just is no reason to hold onto that. Usually they just get worse. And even if it doesn't, if you plan to resell it, then that will really drop the resell value.

7. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

LOL obviously once iPhone 5 is out my 4S will get to make some Android owner very happy

8. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

A faulty speaker, a dead pixel, advice and empathy from the forum... hopefully the third time's the charm. :) Yes, understandably frustrating.

Personally I've had my Android since the first week it was released and find it's quite a bother. Let me know when you're ready to trade up your 4S, and I'll be that owner that will appreciate your hand-me-down. Feel better :)

BTW, you already own the 5th iPhone, didn't you know.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk