dead pixel question...

Jul 13, 2007
this is kind of dumb...

i think i might have a dead pixel because at the home screen (where all the icons are) there seems to be a tiny tiny white spot...

but when i use the stuck pixel tester found here

http://www.ebaspace.com/2007/08/05/fixing-iphone-stuck-pixels/

all of the colors come out just fine...so my question is are dead pixels white or black?

and if its dead then shouldnt it alwways be white and thus be unable to display any colors?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Im under the impression that they are white specks on the home screen. Ive seen one before on my Uncle temporary replacement phone while his is in for service. It is very annoying. Just this little white speck on the bottom sort of between notes and settings.

Jul 13, 2007
Im under the impression that they are white specks on the home screen. Ive seen one before on my Uncle temporary replacement phone while his is in for service. It is very annoying. Just this little white speck on the bottom sort of between notes and settings.

it is a permanent white spec...small but noticeable

mine is in the black area underneath calculator and notes

ive checked my photos and other things with black background and this spot stays white....im calling Apple service...

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
- Dead pixels are show up as block dots on a white/light background. There is not much you can do about those.

- Stuck pixpes could be white (all colors), red, green, or yellow dots and they usually show up on a black background. Those can sometimes disappear by themselves or you can try a pixel fixer such as the ones advertised on the web. ( http://www.ebaspace.com/2007/08/05/fixing-iphone-stuck-pixels/ ) Those programs cycle different colors on the screen at very short intervals in hope that the stuck pixels get unstock. Some people report that it worked for them but it never did for me. I even feel they made my screen worse with more stuck pixels.

I hope that helps.

-Bohs