Dead Pixel Return

jthhtj

Aug 17, 2007
Baltimore
Well my phone got delievered today, but I'm not home to see it. I'll report the condition on Sunday. Awesome that it was done in 48 hours, from Fort Worth, Texas and back to Baltimore, Maryland. Can't wait to see what's in the box!

Anyone else have the same issue with dead pixels? Did you get a new or refurbished phone?

jperschb

Aug 23, 2007
If you have to, call support and demand to speak to a supervisor if nothing is taken care of. Keep fighting until you get the results you need for the $500-600+ you paid for the phone.
I went to the other Apple store in my area tonight. The difference in customer service was like night and day. The genius took a look at the phone and right away agreed with my problems in display brightness and battery life. He gave me a brand new phone because he didn't want me to have another bad experience with a refurb. I'm now once again a happy customer.:)

jthhtj

Aug 17, 2007
Baltimore
I went to the other Apple store in my area tonight. The difference in customer service was like night and day. The genius took a look at the phone and right away agreed with my problems in display brightness and battery life. He gave me a brand new phone because he didn't want me to have another bad experience with a refurb. I'm now once again a happy customer.:)
That's great news! Glad to hear you got a new iPhone. Any problems with that one yet? Good luck!

Roundeye76

Aug 15, 2007
I have a like two dead pixels on my screen. I purchased my iPhone on iDay, June 29 at an Apple Store. I was wondering what you guys thought about exchanging the iPhone at an Apple Store. Has anyone else exchanged their iPhones for dead pixels after the 14 day return policy (I know it wouldn't be a return, but a exchange). Also, I have had times when I press a button on the screen and it only darkens but does not do anything and when answering a call when the phone is asleep sliding the green slide bar doesn't allow me answer the phone. Would these factors help to get an exchange?

Edit: I know the title should say exchange, not return

I've also experienced the dead pixel plague, twice! The first phone was a week old and the Genius Bar at the Apple store I go to replaced it immediately. The second phone was almost a month old and I was dreading thinking about having to send it in for repairs. I was pleasantly surprised when Apple replaced the phone with a new one, right then and there. I wish this was the case for everyone experiencing problems, especially when people are dropping $500-$600 on this phone. I understand that dead pixels are an issue among many electronics (TV's, laptops, etc.) and are likely to appear over time. But within days/weeks/months of a purchase? And then having to send it in for "repairs"? I'm sorry to hear that you had to send in the phone when most likely they will be sending you a new one anyway when they could of just done it there at the store in the first place. I guess it all depends on the mood of the person behind the counter at the Genius Bar. Hopefully Apple sent you a new iPhone and more importantly, that your new phone doesn't have any issues or problems. Cheers and good luck!

jthhtj

Aug 17, 2007
Baltimore
Well I got my iPhone back! Well, not my iPhone, but a new or refurbished iPhone! It is perfect! Beautiful screen with no dead pixels! I couldn't be happier! Apple (usually) rocks when in comes to customer service!