Dead pixel? Stuck pixel? What are these? [Pictures attached]

Clyde099

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So I exchanged my iPhone today and walked out with, what I thought was a perfect phone.

I was watching a show on the iPhone a while ago and noticed two small, bright spots at the top of the phone.

Can someone tell me what exactly these are?
I am hoping to exchange it yet again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I have those too. Not pixels, pixels ar eon the screen. I usually only see those when its dark, very dark. It could just be openings in which the glow from inside is escaping.

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Just noticed mine has the same thing. My Incase covers it up though. Nothing to write home about.

iPhone is frigin awesome!

JPizzzle

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Hey everyone,
Just joined, awesome site! Everyone seems real helpful to one another. I have the 8gb version, and noticed those marks today even before reading this thread. I was actually thinking about exchanging this tomorrow, but it seems like this might be a general issue, what do you guys think. P.s. this is my 4th iPhone, 1st came with a piece of the top glass missing, 2 and 3rd had dead pixels. I also have the white dot version. This is crazy how this thing keeps on coming up with problems.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Wow im still fighting strong with my first. If we can return do to that light I Will. I just majorly scratched the front of my iPhone.

Clyde099

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Hey everyone,
Just joined, awesome site! Everyone seems real helpful to one another. I have the 8gb version, and noticed those marks today even before reading this thread. I was actually thinking about exchanging this tomorrow, but it seems like this might be a general issue, what do you guys think. P.s. this is my 4th iPhone, 1st came with a piece of the top glass missing, 2 and 3rd had dead pixels. I also have the white dot version. This is crazy how this thing keeps on coming up with problems.
Wow, that really stinks.

I hope they exchange it for me tomorrow, I don't see why they shouldn't.
Having spent a good chunk of money on a phone like this I feel like it should have no imperfections. But that's just wishful thinking.

I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

JPizzzle

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I also have a little light coming out on the bottom right corner around the same area.

I just don't want to return this thing and get stuck with dead pixels, bad battery, the other problems that would require more then some black sharpie ink and a pin, which would prob fix this.

Clyde099

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I also have a little light coming out on the bottom right corner around the same area.

I just don't want to return this thing and get stuck with dead pixels, bad battery, the other problems that would require more then some black sharpie ink and a pin, which would prob fix this.
I like the iPhone too much to ever paint the screen with a sharpie.

Clyde099

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Did anyone else who didn't chim in experience this light leak issue? Clyde did you end up exchanging?
I have an appointment at 530 (central).
I'm sure they'll replace it since not only do I have these two lighted dots, but my screen, when pressed on in the lower left side corner, makes a clicking noise.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
why would i return for that, when theres nothing wrong with my phone. I also wouldn't risk returning for a different phone that might have issues that my current phone doesn't have.

S

//STATiC

Yeah everybody has these. Nothing worth exchanging it for. I'm surprised they even let you exchange it with such a minor thing.

JPizzzle

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Yeah everybody has these. Nothing worth exchanging it for. I'm surprised they even let you exchange it with such a minor thing.
That's what i'm trying to find out. If there are people who don't have it then it's a defect. To me its almost as bad as a dead pixel, especially when using in a dark room. It's not like the white dot issue where the phone has to be tilted and 3 inches from your face to notice and can live with.

edit: Apparently this seems to be widespread issue. Here's the macrumor link
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=329550