Dead Pixel

Tbo

Jul 22, 2007
Has anyone had an issue with a dead pixel on their screen? I have a 3G and now have a little red dot (dead pixel) between the "phone" and "mail" icon. Is this covered by Apple's warranty? Thanks.

clawsonj

Bronze
Dec 29, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
my first iPhone 3g had a dead pixel and i took it to Apple and they switched it for a new one, my second one had 5 dead pixels so i took it to Apple and the genius i spoke with said that all of them have them and that if the iPhone screens were perfect they would be too expensive to afford one. so in other words he was a smart*** and told me to get over it, but he would replace it one last time.

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Take it back! You spent way too much money to have a giant pixel staring you in the face!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Has anyone had an issue with a dead pixel on their screen? I have a 3G and now have a little red dot (dead pixel) between the "phone" and "mail" icon. Is this covered by Apple's warranty? Thanks.
Apple will replace it with no problem. If nothing else, they have excellent customer service.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If I was you clawasonj I would have made a big scene! I DIDN'T PAY FOR A PHONE TO END UP WITH DEFECTS. IF I WERE GONNA PAY FOR SOME POS LIKE THIS THEN I MIGHT AS WELL GET ME A PREPAID PHONE THAT I KNOW THAT IF IT BREAKS I CAN REPLACE IT WITHOUT YOUR SMART*** but that's just me =) My iPhone has no dead pixels, sometimes I worry the screen raises a bit, but then again it might be the screen protector.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
If I was you clawasonj I would have made a big scene! I DIDN'T PAY FOR A PHONE TO END UP WITH DEFECTS. IF I WERE GONNA PAY FOR SOME POS LIKE THIS THEN I MIGHT AS WELL GET ME A PREPAID PHONE THAT I KNOW THAT IF IT BREAKS I CAN REPLACE IT WITHOUT YOUR SMART*** but that's just me =) My iPhone has no dead pixels, sometimes I worry the screen raises a bit, but then again it might be the screen protector.
Oh, so shocking. :rolleyes:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
3 letters....lol

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Yup, im on my 6th iPhone 3g now, Apples customer service IMO is second to none.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
they're cool but I don't think they should charge people to replace their phones.
what do you mean? Here in the UK all replacements are free if under warentee?