Dead Pixels/ Dust?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

newuser

Jul 5, 2007
A few weeks back I saw a speck on my screen; putting a fingerprint over that spot revealed it was under the glass. However, the dot caused a shadow below it. I brought it to Apple, they said it was Dust. The 'dust' is perfectly square and inline. Apple doesn't cover dust in their warranty. I decided to live with it.
Today another mote appeared, not like the first, not square, and casts a shadow further away from itself than the first dot, suggesting they are at different elevations. I don't know what to do, this dot is way more noticeable. I might go back to Apple and complain.

Jun 30, 2007
yes, i've got one or two piece of dust under my screen
looks like a dead pixel, but it's not because' you can still see it when the screen is off
most noticeable on a sunny day outside when the screen is not on, or if i'm dialing a number and there's a black background, i can see the dust specks

this sucks, gonna take mine back and try to get a new one since it's within 14 days

Jun 30, 2007
well, i would like to see how the front glass piece is sealed off with the actual LCD. This is as far as any disassembly i've seen on the screen assembly:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone/Display-Assembly/105/10/Page-11/Display-Assembly

I have yet to see anyone remove the front glass piece from all of the LCD technology behind it. So even if we were to disassemble our iPhones to clean it out, we wouldn't be able to get to the specks of dust right under the front glass piece.

just makes me wonder if the dust specks i see now got in between the front glass piece and the actual LCD during assembly.

oh well, i think i'll wait a couple more days to see if i have more dust accumulate, if i do, that means there's a leak somewhere between the front glass piece and the actual LCD. However, if it doesn't increase, that means the 2 dust specks i see got stuck there during assembly in "CHINA" :(

Jun 30, 2007
once again, i think this dust issue may be related to the LCD series.
i've owned 4 iPhones, 3 were series 7, and one was series 5
all of my series 7 iPhones have had dust, my series 5 did not have a single speck of dust :(