Dead Pixels

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
I have three dead pixels and they are pretty annoying. Do you guys think that I will be able to exchange it at the store? last time i tried to return some with dead pixels the guys couldnt see them and wouldn't let me return it. so if the guy cannot see the pixels, how will he believe me and not charge a 10% restocking fee?

mbivens

Jun 17, 2007
Apple's policy on notebook computers are 6 pixels I believe. I'm not sure how stringent they would be in regards to the iPhone. It's worth a shot at the least. If they are "truly" dead pixels and not just variations in uniform brightness, than any idiot should be able to spot them.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
i mean. they can pretty much only be seen by looking closely and only on a black screen. but its just hard to sit back and keep a 600 dollar product with something wrong with it that isn't the buyers fault. im just saying that i can deal with it but i don't really want to have to.

SPCartmanLand

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
man i hope mine doesn't have any they freakin drive me nuts and im the type of person that looks for everything so ill notice it

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
ya I had two dead pixels and I returned mine. But the guy at the Apple store said they will return an iPhone even if it only has one dead pixel

Didsy78

Aug 4, 2010
Just noticed I seem to be getting some dead pixels on startup of the phone but they don't seem to show on normal use of the phone,would I be able to change it at my local store,only had for 30 or so days?

xenonbluegtr

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Naples, FL
Did you happen to jailbreak your iPhone 4? If so, you'll see discolored pixels at the top left and right during the initial boot. This is because the code is loaded temporarily on the FrameBuffer.
Above is correct... It affects every iPhone which used the latest jailbreakme 2.0 exploit. It's normal, nothing to worry about...

Attachments

Didsy78

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks guys that's great news,yeah it's jailbroken and only been happening since then,so if it restored would the screen be back to normal?