Dead Pixels?

aznboiser

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
I am not sure if these lines are dead pixels but they just started appearing a few days ago without me doing anything to the phone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Yes, it happened to me whilst snowboarding.

I lay down in the snow and my iPhone got cold. Next time I turned it on the exact same lines were there (not in the same place as you though).

Over the course of the next week they gradually came and went until eventually the screen was back to normal. That was February, and it's been fine since.

I don't think it would be described as 'dead pixels' but pixels that have been temperature abused.

It's annoying but just give it some time and hopefully they will go.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Looks like it to me. I had the same thing pop up on my phone (in a different spot). Over time, the lines got longer until they spanned the entire screen. Didn't affect the phone's performance, but were annoying. I got a replacement under warranty.

aznboiser

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
ahh...it's been a week and it is not going away. i am trying to sell it soon too =\

totalsportsnut

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
My phone had them pretty bad. It finally got to where the dead pixels were large enough that they were covering spots on the screen so i couldn't use certain features on the phone.
I had 73 days left on my Apple care plan so i sent it in. They had a loaner phone here the next day. That was May 22nd and i still haven't received my original phone back yet.