dead strip

Jul 21, 2008
I am sure many of you are aware of the dead strip problem some iPhone owners have/had/are having. Mine happens to be at the very bottom of the screen and prevents me from using the entire bottom row of buttons whilst texting (spacebar, numbers,return). Now that the App store is out I am unable to login due to not being able to use numbers, @, or even a period.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other possible method of logging in to the app store....I really would like to check out this new feature.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I am sure many of you are aware of the dead strip problem some iPhone owners have/had/are having. Mine happens to be at the very bottom of the screen and prevents me from using the entire bottom row of buttons whilst texting (spacebar, numbers,return). Now that the App store is out I am unable to login due to not being able to use numbers, @, or even a period.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other possible method of logging in to the app store....I really would like to check out this new feature.
Correct me if I am wrong, but that sounds like you could go to Apple and get a new phone? I would not want to NOT be able to type @, ., spacebar etc.?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
well, you can do it from iTunes, download the apps and sync it

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Correct me if I am wrong, but that sounds like you could go to Apple and get a new phone? I would not want to NOT be able to type @, ., spacebar etc.?
I second that, but I am sure that since the phones are on back-order, I am sure that he is waiting on when the store will have an available phone.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I second that, but I am sure that since the phones are on back-order, I am sure that he is waiting on when the store will have an available phone.
If he has a V1 phone (and it's under warranty) they will replace it w a new/refurbished V1. This just happened to me last week. They still have them.

Jul 21, 2008
I'm not sure that I can get it replaced under warranty because there are some fractures on the glass part of the screen (the strip died before this however). Also, I don't have the original box or packaging and the nearest certified Apple retailer is ~6 hours away.

But I did see that I can get the applications on my computer but when I went to sync with my phone the applications did not appear on the iPhone screen. I checked to make sure they were set to sync (they were) and I tried syncing with them set to not sync. I didn't gain any extra storage from any applications being deleted so I tried syncing again and they are still not appearing anywhere on the home screen.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Call Applecare. They can deal with the warranty issue over the phone. They will ask if there is any damage so I don't know what to tell you re: the 'fractures', other than it's worth a try. You could neglect to mention them, or try to convince them the screen problem happened prior to the damage. your call. Once they decide you are covered they are very accommodating and quick. They don't care about the packaging. I opted for the loaner phone, but the turnaround after sending mine back was a matter of days.

I'm not sure that I can get it replaced under warranty because there are some fractures on the glass part of the screen (the strip died before this however). Also, I don't have the original box or packaging and the nearest certified Apple retailer is ~6 hours away.

But I did see that I can get the applications on my computer but when I went to sync with my phone the applications did not appear on the iPhone screen. I checked to make sure they were set to sync (they were) and I tried syncing with them set to not sync. I didn't gain any extra storage from any applications being deleted so I tried syncing again and they are still not appearing anywhere on the home screen.