Dead/Stuck Pixels

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Now that I can have multiple screens, I slid over to my 2nd screen where there is only two icons. So I figured i would check for stuck pixels since its all black. And what do you know, i now found 3 pixels that are stuck white. And this phone was the replacement for the original phone that had a small cluster of stuck pixels.

Is anyone else having trouble with this or have any stuck pixels? Im thinking its going to be inevitable and that they are going to happen no matter what. Granted they are very, very small and you do have to look to see them, but its pissing me off. With as advanced as the phone is i would think that the screen would be a little more resiliant to these.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
I went to Apple and told about mine having dead pixel, but they told me that there are not enough for them to replace it.
Is it possible to get it replaced by online/mail?

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
don't let them tell you that! they told me that, so i called Apple support. they said go back and get a new one. 1 or 10 stuck pixels, they should replace it! Like i said, this will be my thirdy phone because of this.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Oh really. thanks. I am going to call Apple support and then going back to the Apple store.

So what did you say to Apple support?

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
ASked them about stuck pixels. Then i said the guy at the store told me you need a certain amount and the guy on the phone said that was absurd and to go back. say you called Apple and they said they need to replace it. i did that and the guy at the store apologized up and down.

wbrod

Oct 25, 2007
i need to take mine back to the store for the reason, but i am afraid i will get a 1.1.3 version, since i am on 1.1.1 and like all my applications that i have now? Any advice?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yeah, i have recently noticed that sometimes one of mine near where the calc app is gets stuck blue sometimes. it doesn't really bother me that much and usually goes away for a while if i apply a little bit of pressure on it and rub on it. lol

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
no you get a completely rebuilt one. Everything on it is new including the battery. Its practically brand new. To be honest I don't know what is even reused on refurbs. Prob just the mother board and hd