deadphone

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
hi guys

my V1 phone has died. I simply powered it down and when i went to power it back on again the Apple icon appears but thats it ... stuck! I have tried rebooting it a number of times then holding in the home button for anything between 20 secs to 2-3 minutes. But still nada.

I am on Ver 2.0 never jailbroken or unlocked and am running iTunes 7.7 on my mac.

Any ideas?

Cheers

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Does iTunes recognize it?
I get the spinning colour thing as if iTunes is trying but I have waited and nothing happens. She's still sitting here with the Apple icon. Will letting the battery run dead help?

Weird never had a problem before? Although I have installed lots of games etc from new app store.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I don't but I only bought March 14th isn't it still covered

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I don't but I only bought March 14th isn't it still covered
Well, that's good news. Yes it is. Just grabbing at straws here, but try a hard reset. If that does nothing then I would make a trip to Apple. Hope there is one in your area.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Hold the power and home buttons down for 45 sec or so until the iTunes logo appears to put into into Disk Recovery Mode. Then restore through iTunes.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Well I waited for the battery to die out then tried again and finally got the iTunes icon to appear. I restored and am syncing now. Weird?

I think these new apps aren't as stable as we would like to think. Its not only this experience but I also put some on a relatives iPod touch and they (the apps) kept crashing. Maybe its 2.0 also? But I feel something isn't right. I know new updates/software can be buggy but full restores are a nightmare.

Cheers guys for the input.... well maybe apart from you jarofclay73....not exactly what you want to hear in the middle of a crisis ;)