Debris between glass and display frame...

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by besweeet, Jan 26, 2014.

1. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

Yesterday, I noticed that there's something stuck between the display's glass and its frame. Here's a photo:
    [​IMG]

I was thinking about taking it to an Apple Store to see if they could remove it, but if there's something I could do on my end first, then that would be better.

Any ideas (without making things worse)?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Should you decide to remove the screen yourself to clean that, check iFixit for a tutorial. Were me, I'd take it to the Apple Store. I don't know what that would cost, but it probably wouldn't be much. You could call and explain it. Maybe get an idea of cost.

3. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

iFixIt's suction cup idea to get the screen lifted is incredibly stupid. I damaged 3 displays, including the one pictured above. Luckily, the blemish that was made on the screen is enough for them to give me a replacement. All good now.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Or maybe using the suction cup idea that was 'stupid' 3 times wasn't the best idea either. ;-)

5. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

You're probably right :). It's just that I kept telling myself, "maybe it'll be better this time!"

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So you replaced a cracked screen yourself since you didn't have AppleCare+ and damaged three screens with iFixit's method? Did that cost more than Apple would have charged? What method finally worked? Was it an OEM part? That's good that Apple replaced it since doing it yourself typically voids the warranty.

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Guess I could be called insane on a few things myself. LOL

8. Robert Brickman

Robert Brickman New Member

That is a huge piece of debris. I usually take a thin paper like a receipt and use the corner to fling out little pieces of dirt or dust that gets trapped there.