Decreased image quality in Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ds2983, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ds2983

ds2983 New Member

I've had my iPhone 5 for about a month now and I started noticing in the last two weeks that images loaded in safari are poorer quality than before. It's any image loaded in safari and now I'm noticing other browsers like dolphin have the same issue. I'm attaching googles home page as an example of what I'm talking about. I haven't found any info about this issue. I have the AT&T unlimited data plan so I thought maybe this was caused by my data being throttled but again I haven't found any other info about this issue. Any help/input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350652923.455387.jpg

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Are you close to an Apple Store to go visit the Genius Bar?

3. ds2983

ds2983 New Member

I'm close to one so I can bring it in, but I haven't yet.

4. ds2983

ds2983 New Member

I reset my network settings and that fixed it. I remember I downloaded some app that's supposed to help you use less data or keep track of it and when it installed it installed a profile with it. I this was reducing quality of images.

5. JON35Y

JON35Y Member
    Bronze

That would be Onavo.....I had the same problem. Deleted the app, removed the profile but it never removed it fully. Erased network settings and all is well!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

6. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

^ yes I remember installing that app but didn't notice it help so I roved it along with the profile.

7. JON35Y

JON35Y Member
    Bronze

Very very limited savings if any. Conplete waste of time IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

8. ds2983

ds2983 New Member

I deleted it the first time I opened the app. I forgot what it was but right off the bat there was something I didn't like about it. Just forgot the profile and didn't realize it changed my network settings.