Deep fried turkey is delicious

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Gotta share this with y'all. For the 3rd year in a row, I deep fried our Thanksgiving turkey (whole). It produces the juiciest, tenderest, crispiest-skin turkey we've ever had. For those of you with access to a level, outdoor, non-wood surface to cook on, I encourage you to give it a try next year!

Cheers,

-K

P.S. Don't be frightened or dissuaded by UL's video; they take a frozen turkey (wrong!) in an overfilled pot (wrong!) and dunk it (wrong!) into the oil.

P.P.S. Even if it's no better than roasted (it is), you can't beat cooking a 14-lb bird in 48 minutes. :cool:

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I couldn't agree more! Every year, me and about 20 of my closest friends go camping and we deep fry a couple of the biggest birds we can find. It just can't be beat - so moist, so flavorful, so crunchy, so amazing.

And, like you said, if you just follow the directions, there's almost no chance of messing it up. Just have a fire extinguisher nearby just in case.

OH, I almost forgot. After you finish deep frying the turkey, leave the oil in there for the next morning...covered, of course. When you wake up the next day, heat up the oil, fry up some bacon and make some pancake batter. Take the bacon, dip it in the pancake batter, deep fry it, and pour some maple syrup on it. You won't believe how good that tastes!

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
When you wake up the next day, heat up the oil, fry up some bacon and make some pancake batter. Take the bacon, dip it in the pancake batter, deep fry it, and pour some maple syrup on it. You won't believe how good that tastes!
OMG! Sounds tasty, but I hope you know a good cardiologist. :sick:

-K