deep trouble

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
started to downgrade 1.1.2 got stuck on the activation screen as the jailbreakme.com thing didn,t worked so i tried activate it via the iTunes. Now the phone is not detecting any networks though i am on the springboard screen everything seems to work except the phone feature it says unavle to detect any signals. the iTunes sees the phone on 1.1.1 version.PLEASE HELP:(

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
you need to upgrade back to 1.1.2 when you went to 1.1.1 it will not work at all only thing that will work is wifi if your trying to jailbreak you need to finish the steps

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
well thanks, the problem was the phone would not activate via the jailbreaking method i tried couple of times but it didn't buzz it kept on saying connect to iTunes to activate it so i did, when i connected to the iTunes it detected the phone showing it to be on 1.1.1 firmware and my phone no. asking me to backup so i did, during the back up process the iPhone displayed the message"iPhone could not be activated as it needs network signal to activate the iPhone"after the backup was completed i could access the springboard but the phone was not able to detect any network i waited for 10 mins and then i got cold feet thinking i might have bricked the phone after cursing myself i thought of restoring it without updating it but iTunes would not allow that so i restored and updated as iTunes commanded and thanks to GOD the phone worked fine but is not jailbroken and i back to square1. I wonder if i try to jailbreak again will it happen again? any insights?

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
ok this is the deal. When you downgrrad you are not changing the baseband and 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are different. So with that you will never get service with the downgrade because it does not change it. Look at it this way, the baseband is sort of like a driver in the OS and you need the correct one fotit to work on what version you have. But what I guess you were trying to do was jailbreak your phone. You were going down the right path. The only reason they say to use the jailbreak is to kick the phone out of wanting to reinstall the firmware. Its just tricking the phone so that you can jailbreak it using installer app. And Oktoprep. Look around a little on the forums under mods and look for 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 downgrade. You should find all the info you need there.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Voila Succeeded at last.....activated via the iTunes and restored via backup and then jailbroke it then ran oktoprep upgraded it and rest was a cake...THANKS to everyone for their help and support. By the way i had already jailbroken the iPhone and upgraded it when 1.1.2 came out but then had again restored it to 1.1.2 factory settings in a panic when googlemaps ,weather, was not working...later i found out the problem was global..... and i cursed myself.After that i was too lazy to do the downgrade and again update balh blah....anyway the good news is that i am back with my jailbroken gadget of the year. Once again THANKS to all.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
well I am stuck again to unlock the phone i tried to run the anysim1.2u from the iPhone but it dint worked so i tried again but this time i forgot to put the phone in airplane mode thus the iPhone freezed and i had to restore it back to 1.1.2 thus again losing the jailbreak , so i gain started but i am stuck at 1.1.1 because i am not able to install AppTap via the jailbreakme.com method i have restored and downgraded to 1.1.1 couple of times with my activated sim and with my unactivated sim still i am not able to install the apptap PLEASE HELP THANKS!

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
As i already told i jailbroke it but wanted to unlock the phone si i ran the anysim 1.2u on the iPhone but it didn't workes so i put thr t-mobile sim card and ran the any sim 1.2u again but this time i forgot to put the phone in airplane mode and thus i had to restored it back to 1.1.2. Now after i downgrade to 1.1.1 i cannot install apptap via jailbreakme.com any solution?

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Since you are doing all of this now, we'll assume that you have a current release iPhone that cannot be unlocked (i.e., 4.06 bootloader).

Unlock = Use phone with any SIM on any GSM
Jailbreak = Use 3rd party apps and bypass activation

So, you proceeded with an unlock....it did not work and now you are back to square one.

Start over and follow your original process to jailbreak the phone.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
whew....! at last i was able to jailbreak it...what i was doing wrong was i was trying other method for jailbreaking where it says to activate the phone via *#307# method which didn't worked for me, i was able to go on the homescreen when i connected to iTunes after downgrading it to 1.1.1 but was not able to jailbreak it...why i was not able to do that i don't know i think the activation method which i used didn't alowed me to jailbreak it.anyway then i used ichris method(thats Chris way for activating via app snap....well i will be calling his way ICHRIS) which worked and once again i have version 1.1.2 jailbroken Now i need a guide to unlock it PLease help me and thanks to all for bearing with me and assisting me with my problems.