Default Album's Folders

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by jalalawi, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I had an unknown incident in my iPhone 5 that resulted disappear of all the default album's folders such as (Videos, Recently deleted, Panoramas, etc...) except the "Favourites" folder which also has a defect that used to duplicate its items and when I bought iPhone 6 I backup & restore my iPhone 6 and I shocked when the same thing happened in my new iPhone 6 and I have contacted Apple hoping that I will find a solution but unfortunately I didn't find!!! I lived with my phone since bought before around 6 months without the default album's folders and before 4 days all of a sudden the disappeared default folders have appeared by themselves!!! Wondering if anybody can tell us what was the reason behind this malfunction that last for a longtime and made my live very difficult??!!

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure. But the default albums work only when there are photos in them. You won't see Pano, for example, if you have not made any. Once you make a Pano shot, the album is created. If you delete all the Pano shots, the album goes away. That's how it used to work. Does that explain your situation?

3. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

No, because I used to have these folders and all of a sadden they disappeared and how about the "Recently deleted" folder, do you mean if you didn't delete any file you will not have it? Also, the "Favourites" folder duplicates the files.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Recently deleted and screenshots are stationary I think. Have you tried creating a photo for Pano or one of the others to see what happens?
    Here's with Pano and after I deleted the 3 Pano photos.
    Before with Pano:
    [​IMG]

After deleting the Pano shots:
    [​IMG]

#4 Ledsteplin, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  5. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

But in my case I used to have all the folders and as advised all of a sadden disappeared and during the disappearing period I took all types of photos and videos such as Pano, screen shot, videos but non of these folders show up including the Recently deleted file. But it looks that these folders exist but hidden because when they appeared I found many deleted files under the Recently deleted that have been deleted before that day!!!!

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Can you show screenshots of this?

7. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Of your albums menu with no "recently deleted" album.
    Like this showing you have no "recently deleted" album.

[​IMG]

9. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

As explained in the main post that the folders disappeared all of a sudden and appeared all of sudden after long time around one year and this malfunction has happened in my iPhone 5 and transferred to my brand new iPhone 6 when I restore my date from iPhone 5 and during the disappearance the only folder I have is the "Favourites" and the files under it duplicated!!! I am afraid they may disappear again!!

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If it transfered from one phone to the other, then restore your 6 as new. Not from a back up. The back up may contain the issue.