Default Calendar is Awful :(

daynah

Sep 14, 2007
So how do I make it better? Is there a 3rd party calendar, with or without sync, that's just fab? (I haven't synced my PDA it years, out of pure laziness, I can take it) Does the iPhone truly depend on using a computer or a certain computer application? Gimmie a hint. :)

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
What are you looking to do with the calendar? You can do many things with the calendar that you can do with the ical on the mac. Not sure about the pc side. I add many items to the calendar with out any problems and when I go to sync it with iTunes, it updates my ical with the new items.

- Garrett

daynah

Sep 14, 2007
"first and third sunday of the month"
Catagories, different colors for catagories, things like that.

I took your post to mean that I needed to do most of the calendar imputing on a computer, and then sync it up. I'm being ulti-noob right now, so I'll reply in a little bit if after I get iPhone and sunbird cooperating, things still are looking ugly.

Thanks for the reply!

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Those options I am not aware of. Most basic things can be done on the iPhone calendar. I usually do many of my things on the iPhone and then sync up to the computer when needed. I am like you and use the pda features on the phone itself and not rely on the computer. But I do realize that there are some things that are easier on the computer then doing them on the phone.

- Garrett

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
It's buggy for me. I missed an conference call at work because the iPhone calendar took a 1pm call and set it for 7pm.

Not relying on that anymore. Same time on computer and iPhone but some appointments come out timed wrong.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Would also love a better calendar, not necessary to sync. I have never been able to sync on Outlooks correctly(XP). I want colors and more choices on repeating events too. As well as better notification.