Default mail account question.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have a few email accounts, a gmail, an AOL, a yahoo and a work email. I have the default email set to my AOL account, because that is what I used to use the most, but I just switched to yahoo. I received an email in my yahoo account, but when I replied, it came from my AOL account, because that is my default account. Is there a way to set the iPhone so that when I receive and email in any account, I can reply and have it come from that account, not just the default account? Thanks a lot

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
that is odd - i have my .mac account set as my default account, but when i reply to a message in the inbox in one of my other accounts, it replies using that account, not my default .mac account.

maybe having a yahoo push email account changes things? i don't have mine set up on my iPhone, but maybe someone who does can shed some light on this...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have a few email accounts, a gmail, an AOL, a yahoo and a work email. I have the default email set to my AOL account, because that is what I used to use the most, but I just switched to yahoo. I received an email in my yahoo account, but when I replied, it came from my AOL account, because that is my default account. Is there a way to set the iPhone so that when I receive and email in any account, I can reply and have it come from that account, not just the default account? Thanks a lot

Go into settings, go to mail, then at the bottom you can select which account you want as the default.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
that is odd - i have my .mac account set as my default account, but when i reply to a message in the inbox in one of my other accounts, it replies using that account, not my default .mac account.

maybe having a yahoo push email account changes things? i don't have mine set up on my iPhone, but maybe someone who does can shed some light on this...
Same here. haven't had issue like this. Whenever you reply from any email account, the from address will contain this email account.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I don't want to have any email account set as the default. I just tried it again, I sent an email from my AOL account (from my computer) to my yahoo account. I read the email on my iPhone and replied. When I cheked the reply on my computer, the email was from my AOL account (my default account) and in my sent mail on my AOL account it showed my reply. I would like to have the ability to reply from any account I want, not just from the one that I choose as the default. I don't see the point of a default account anyway. Thanks for your help.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I just deleted the AOL account off of my iPhone and my replies stillcome from my AOL account no matter what account I am actually replying from. Any ideas?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just deleted the AOL account off of my iPhone and my replies stillcome from my AOL account no matter what account I am actually replying from. Any ideas?

If you have more than one account you must have a default account set, that is done automatically. That is the way I have it and it works fine.

I do not have a solution for you.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
OK, thanks for trying. I am on the phone with Apple right now. One guy suggested that I restore the phone through iTunes. I'll see what happens.