Defective 3GS?

QuE1999

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Ok, so since I got my phone yesterday AM I've felt like the battery life on the 3GS hasn't been so good... So today, as my battery drained more and more drastically I decided to take it out of the case that I keep it in, because the case felt like it was getting warm. Sure enough, the phone was hot as hell. I just got home so I'm charging it right now, should I bring it into the Apple store asap or make an appointment at the Genius Bar? I checked and the soonest appointment at the Genius Bar in NYC @ 5th ave is on Tuesday!?! If I bring it in and explain my dilemma will they give me another one no problems?... Also, has anyone noticed any 'buttons' turning gray on their phones? It happened to one app I had but then it went away. The app opened fine it just turns into a blank gray button, and this also happened to my girlfriends 3G today. Is this a 3.0 bug? I googled it but got nothing.... Thanks guys.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Definitely a defective unit unless this is your first iPhone. Then you may think that battery life is bad. Just make an appointment. Last time I needed
to exchange my headphones
and just walked in they made me make an appointment.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would make the appointment ASAP. Sounds to me like you should get a replacement with no problem. None of what you describe should be happening.