Definition of unlocked please...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

loopy

Sep 25, 2007
So I was one of the brave or stupid ones (Apple will be the judge after the new update release coming eminently), and ran iBrckr 8.0 on my iPhone. I added the NES emulator, NES ROMs, and the iFlckr app. Does this constitute the "unlocked" moniker or am I just modified!?! I ask because I saw the post on TUAW about how to relock your iPhone. Does this apply for the mods to my phone or do I have other options to return to Apple's good graces for the time being?

I don't want to have to throw my iBrick through the iWindow and hit anyone in the i anytime soon.

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
So I was one of the brave or stupid ones (Apple will be the judge after the new update release coming eminently), and ran iBrckr 8.0 on my iPhone. I added the NES emulator, NES ROMs, and the iFlckr app. Does this constitute the "unlocked" moniker or am I just modified!?! I ask because I saw the post on TUAW about how to relock your iPhone. Does this apply for the mods to my phone or do I have other options to return to Apple's good graces for the time being?

I don't want to have to throw my iBrick through the iWindow and hit anyone in the i anytime soon.
Unlocked means that I can use my TMobile SIM card and EVERYTHING except visual voicemail works great! I have been using it unlocked now for over a week and have zero problems

Last edited by a moderator:

loopy

Sep 25, 2007
Unlocked would mean that you are using the iPhone on another carrier other than AT&T. You have simply modified your phone.
Thanks for the definition. I'll post along with the masses about any issues when I update.

And to think I bought an iPhone for convenience :laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Simply, people using T-Mobile are screwed.

If you're only using iBrickr, Installer, etc., just restore and you should be fine.

Despite this, my modding days are over.