Defragmentation?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Smartass...:)

Some of us PC users actually know quite a bit about the iPhone. I have OSX installed on my PC as well.
That's in voilation of Apples licensing agreement. Are you going to tell us next that you have pirated music in your library? ;)

Just giving ya a hard time.

Do you like OSX? I prefer it over Windows now.

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
You can defrag SD flash memory cards. I used to do it with my Mini SD card on my blackberry, but since the iPhone doesn't show up as a mass storage device, I don't think you can do it.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You can defrag SD flash memory cards. I used to do it with my Mini SD card on my blackberry, but since the iPhone doesn't show up as a mass storage device, I don't think you can do it.
I think you are forgetting the point of defragmentation. In hard drives there is an actual mechanical device that spins around and reads sections from certain spots on a spinning disk. You fragment when you install a program and then uninstall something. This creates "gaps" in the device and just creates lag in the hard drive since it has to move around a lot more to receive all the data around the drive. When you defrag you move these files closer together by moving them into the empty spots....hence a faster hard drive. With the iPhone and your SD card or any solid state device (one with no physically moving parts) any parts of the "drive" is accessed at the same speed. Like having to go to fast forward a VHS to having a DVD where it instantaneously goes to the spot you want. not that great of an analogy, but I hope you get my point. I hope this explains any further confusion.

/thread;)

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Smartass...:)

Some of us PC users actually know quite a bit about the iPhone. I have OSX installed on my PC as well.
Hopefully without being thought of as a smart ass, why did you install it on your PC rather than getting an actual Macintosh? For me, the hardware and the software go hand in hand in regards to design.