Delay in receiving text messages?

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Is anyone else seeing a short or long delay between when someone sends you a text message and when you receive it? It's been happening to me a lot more frequently recently and it's really annoying. For instance last night around 10pm someone sent me a text message and I got it at 11:14 this morning. Also, I've sent text messages with someone across the table from me (with full 3g bars) and I would get her text messages 5 to 15 minutes after she sent it.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
good ol AT&T. I got a voicmail yesterday at 2:43pm but didn't get the notification until around 11pm last night. Could be attributed to the earthquake we had here in LA yesterday, apparently a lot of the cell services were experiencing problems from overloaded networks after the quake.

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
could that have any affect on service in NY? lol

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
This could be a carrier issue - are all of you with AT&T/the same carrier? I've encountered this with friends on other networks, Verizon in particular. For some reason, it seems that cross-carrier text messages aren't always delivered in a timely manner...

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
This could be a carrier issue - are all of you with AT&T/the same carrier? I've encountered this with friends on other networks, Verizon in particular. For some reason, it seems that cross-carrier text messages aren't always delivered in a timely manner...
Macgirl is right. It happens a lot with me as I text across carriers.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I had that happen to me the first day I got my phone but only to verizon people. However it's been fine ever since then for all carriers.

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Yup, I'm AT&T and I find the problems to only be with Verizon

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I had an important voice mail come in on Saturday and I didn't receive it until Monday morning. I had an appointment set (which I was trying to get out of) for Monday morning. I laid in bed Monday morning trying to think of every conceivable reason to cancel the appointment. Much to my surprise as I was leaving my house to meet the client my VM alert sounded. It was the client who had called Saturday to cancel the appointment. I wasn't so upset as it brought great news to my ears. Not sure what carrier she is with.

As for text message delays I've not noticed any lately but have in the past.